Advise on truck and engine purchase
04-18-2017, (Subject: Advise on truck and engine purchase ) 
RE: Advise on truck and engine purchase
I have owned International 9400, freightshaker Classic, kenworth T660, and two Volvo's. It seems to me it just boils down to what you like. All have good and bad, and now days all brands can be spec-ed with the same options. For example you can order a Volvo and a Pete both with the same motor, trans, rears, tires, fifth wheels......etc. Really kind of makes a guy wonder why they still make so many brands if they are all the same underneath?? All you are really changing is the shape of the cab!!
Don't like the Volvo's small driveline for example, spec it with a series 20. Don't like the Kenworth's front end ride, spec an air ride wide track front axle to make it ride more like a Volvo....It's all the same shi#t really when you get down to it!
Only truck I have experienced that I really didn't like was a 2011 KW T700 I leased for a few months in 2010. It was brand new off the line, cummins, 10spd, 3:55 rears. I ended up having it for 9 months and hated every minute of it, it was a big plastic hunk of love!! Awful storage, awful mirrors, awful sleeper layout, noisy, and so on. The worst of all was going to sleep while the wife drove in a wind storm a waking up to the horribly placed CB antennas smacking the crap out of the sides of the bunk in unison! Sounded like being inside a bass drum!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
(04-18-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  ... CB antennas smacking the crap out of the sides of the bunk in unison! Sounded like being inside a bass drum!

Tennis balls work wonders sometimes. lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
There are major differences in under hood airflow and intake and exhaust design. Volvo being the worst. (Designed around a 13 liter engine.)
replyreply
04-19-2017, (Subject: Advise on truck and engine purchase ) 
Rawze: Yes, That would have worked well! I was too mad to think clearly at that time and just took them off!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.