Advise on truck and engine purchase
04-11-2016, (Subject: Advise on truck and engine purchase ) 
RE: Advise on truck and engine purchase
(04-11-2016 )Magard Wrote:  Hi all I'm new to the forum. Been trucking for 10 year before all this emission stuff came to be. I was mandated to upgrade to particulate filter so I sold out. Heard so many horror stories about the new trucks being broke down and in the shop more than driving. I am going to by a used truck but I don't know if Cummins is the most sensible choice. Frankly I'm scared of all of them but I'm leaning towards a 2009 Volvo with Cummins. I don't like paccar trucks so freightliner but I have heard Terrible stories of freightliner Cummins combo. Don't know much about Volvo engines. My last truck was a freightliner with pre emission isx. I liked the motor all right but the fuel system seems wierd. My favorite truck was a freightliner with a preemision ism with a rv program in it set at 450 hp. But those days are gone. Looking for advise with experience behind it, thanks

My most favorite engine to least fav. of the ISX engines...

#1 -- CM871 (2008 - early 2011)
#2 -- CM2350 (2013 and newer)
#3 -- CM2250 (late 2011 - 2012, first DEF fluid engine)
#4 -- CM870 (least favorite, but better then different brands)

===========

Best highway trucks for making money of the newer aero trucks anyways, in order of my favorites. this assumes the engines would be of all the same model ...

#1 -- Tie between International Prostar and a Kenworth T700
#2 -- Freightliner Evolution

The Prostar, T700, and Evolution are all about a tie in fuel efficiency.

#3 -- all the other Aero Petes and Aero KW trucks are not as efficient as the first ones mentioned.

#4 -- Volvo trucks -- the worst of all the Aero trucks out there in efficiency. The CAC, and engine compartment design is not very good for the engine. Poor air flow around the engine makes the turbo's run hotter than other trucks making them last about 100k miles shorter lifespan, the exhaust and intake systems are restrictive in them too, and make for about 0.6 lower fuel mileage than all other aero trucks. -- Basiclly, they are great interior trucks with terrible engine compartment design. The drive-line is made from toothpicks, and they have suspension system problems. I would never own such a terrible truck.

So my choice,.. Prostar w/CM871. Second Choice,.. T700 w/CM2350.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advise on truck and engine purchase - Rawze - 04-11-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.