Advise on truck and engine purchase
07-25-2016, (Subject: Advise on truck and engine purchase ) 
RE: Advise on truck and engine purchase
(07-24-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote:  I am looking at posibly getting kenworth t680 with ISX and auto shift,
Guys at the yard that moved up from new volvo 780's and cascadias
Say they dont compare in comfort with the kenworth.

Had to reply on this one::

I have 2014 t680 since new and had 2000 Volvo 770 bought used in 2004
Drive team too...
T680 is way worse than the old Volvo when is about sleeping while driving
Is noisier in the sleeper both park/drive,noise is coming thru the sleeper sliding up windows and the opening sleeper doors
All that considering that I ordered it t680 with optional Artic isolation,waste of money
I have it with 13 ultra shift that at 300k, works fine, skips gears, up and down..fuel mileage is 8.1 mpg since new ...
T680 has way less spaces inside/over head,than Volvo cab...do not buy table is not functional for team...top bunk is way narrower than bottom...fridge is very different /worse...
The side mirrors are smaller and the view is way worse than Volvo , challenging when backing in tight places...

The good
T680 is dead quiet while driving from road noise ((can hear engine)) but not the cars/trucks alround you except the Harley's
Nothing rattle inside yet after 3.5 y ...volvo would and a lot from the dash....
Imo driving position is better , I have full gauges and nav/6 xtra gauges

Btwy I ordered it at the kW dealer across factory in chilicothe,oh and got 3k discount on the transport to ur dealer...u must pick it up there
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sbtrucking

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advise on truck and engine purchase - T680 - 07-25-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.