Authority Pros & Cons
06-01-2018, (Subject: Authority Pros & Cons ) 
RE: Authority Pros & Cons
I've got some experience in this!

is it worth? you have to ask your self that. what might not be good for you might be some life changing experience for someone else.

if you have children 18+ they can dispatch you from the home office, i know plenty of familys that do this together and have started with bare minimum at start. Some advise before hand, take it easy on the kids. they will be learning an entire industry by them self's. your first year might suck because a lot companies want or need for you to have authority longer then 1 year or 10 yrs!.

paper work, paper work, paper work and paper work. this might consume a lot of your time so have a system in place because if you have a inspection or need to find proper doc for authorities, this will save you face and trouble in the long run.

Factory companies arent bad starting out your first year or for the next 5 years, if you dont have financial means and dont mind paying a % of your loads for them to pay you. people will tell you or say " i will never pay someone else to pay me! or its a rip of or a million other reasons". i had a great relationship with my factoring company, they went above and beyond for us and did right by us.

if you just want to make a living for your self and dont want to make someone else rich then getting your authority is the way to go. One truck can turn into 100 or more later down the road. when i had my own authority, i was working 80hrs-100hrs a week minimum! its not easy by any means. that was just me dispatching and doing everything else but driving the truck.

in my experience its not worth driving more then 600-700 miles away from home base, east sucks because of toll's, weight stations, pay isnt worth shi#t coming back. didn't run west because well money wasnt out east at that time.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod , AHMLLC , victory26

Messages In This Thread
Authority Pros & Cons - AHMLLC - 05-31-2018,
RE: Authority Pros & Cons - Evotrucker - 06-01-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.