Authority Pros & Cons
06-01-2018, (Subject: Authority Pros & Cons ) 
RE: Authority Pros & Cons
(06-01-2018 )simon999 Wrote:  I was leased several years to the few carriers. Last one I worked with, all good paying loads always for company drivers. All the left overs - for 0/0.

You can avoid some of this (not all) by looking for 100% O\O companies to lease to. Then you just get into seniority problems. But thats with any company.

After 10 years of doing the lease gig I'm contemplating going the route of Simon999 for the choice of running when and how I want. But thats only after I am very confident on every aspect of owning and operating a truck very efficiently and knowing all the freight lanes and dead zones and how to get out of them with all your profit still intact. So, I'd say Rawze 3 year training wheel time is a pretty good. It gives you time to work out the bugs,bumps and bruises from truck ownership and also allows you to build and collect good business relationships because you have hands on experience with customers and building rapport with them.

Thats not to support stealing customers. Many companies will make you sign "no compete" or " no back solicitation" clauses in contracts. But the time and experience will give you an idea of how and who to talk to when searching for customers.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Authority Pros & Cons - AHMLLC - 05-31-2018,
RE: Authority Pros & Cons - Chamberpains - 06-01-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.