Steers, BFG or Michelin?
06-02-2018, (Subject: Steers, BFG or Michelin? ) 
Steers, BFG or Michelin?
Getting ready to pull the trigger on replacing my XZE2 Michelins. I can get a set of Michelin X Line Energy Z's for $750 a tire installed OR BF Goodrich ST244 for $595. Rolling resistance is 2pts difference. In your opinion does the $310 premium justify the Michelins?
replyreply
RE: Steers, BFG or Michelin?
For just the steers, there would be less than a 0.1 mpg difference in them. It becomes a matter of longevity vs cost.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: victory26
I use only Michelin high end series on the steers. Other brands on drives and trailer. I've NEVER had a problem from the tire itself. All other brands have done me wrong in all kinds of ways. $750 is what I paid for my X lines and they are performing excellent and problem free. No shoulder cupping or balance issues. Just be on the look out when you get 7/32" and below they begin to fail in the perfect wear category. But by that time mine have seen 180000 miles of abuse.
replyreply
Loves has BFG ST244 listed for $420 and michelin for 567....save some $

After they purchase my old steers at $150 my final bill was $817 for the BFG...
replyreply
My Michelin steers have always done well. This set has 221000 with 9/32 tread depth using Centimatics always run at 110 psi . No wear patterns have developed yet.
replyreply
(06-02-2018 )Matt Wrote:  Getting ready to pull the trigger on replacing my XZE2 Michelins. I can get a set of Michelin X Line Energy Z's for $750 a tire installed OR BF Goodrich ST244 for $595. Rolling resistance is 2pts difference. In your opinion does the $310 premium justify the Michelins?

$750 for a steer tire seems to be overpriced! I had purchased 2 steer michelins X line for $1100 including installation and balancing plus new valve stems!
replyreply
Michelin has a program for owner operators to get national account pricing.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
i should also mention this is in Canada. The Canadian Peso isnt worth very much haha.
replyreply
06-03-2018, (Subject: Steers, BFG or Michelin? ) 
(06-02-2018 )pearce trucking Wrote:  Michelin has a program for owner operators to get national account pricing.

To give you an idea on that program, the last set of 11r24.5 xze2 I put on cost $565 a piece after taxes. 11r22.5 are about 30 bucks cheaper.

User's Signature: If it ain't broke, don't mean it won't be at some point.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.