[split] Fuel in Oil Question.
06-01-2018, (Subject: [split] Fuel in Oil Question. ) 
[split] Fuel in Oil Question.
Rawze I have several questions about how diesel fuel gets in the oil. It is a 2006, CM870 it has a new head, with 200,000 miles on it. All six injectors were replaced in September and they replaced the injector cups as the same time, because coolant was getting into the number 4 cylinder. Seems like the oil is very thin, it has been to two shops recently and neither can find anything wrong. Did an oil sample and after 9,000 miles they said oil was 10 weight instead of 15 ( oil sample). Oil was sent to a lab in Indianapolis. The oil sample said it was 15/40 and that was sent to a lab in Houston, TX (Fleetguard). Can you give me a list of things to check. Do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: carlos18
RE: Service Brake circuit #1
(06-01-2018 )DUKE58 Wrote:  Rawze I have several questions about how diesel fuel gets in the oil. It is a 2006, CM870 it has a new head, with 200,000 miles on it. All six injectors were replaced in September and they replaced the injector cups as the same time, because coolant was getting into the number 4 cylinder. Seems like the oil is very thin, it has been to two shops recently and neither can find anything wrong. Did an oil sample and after 9,000 miles they said oil was 10 weight instead of 15 ( oil sample). Oil was sent to a lab in Indianapolis. The oil sample said it was 15/40 and that was sent to a lab in Houston, TX (Fleetguard). Can you give me a list of things to check. Do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?
your main gear driven fuel pump is most likely your culprit, but it also could be your injector orings as well
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(06-01-2018 )DUKE58 Wrote:  Rawze I have several questions about how diesel fuel gets in the oil. It is a 2006, CM870 it has a new head, with 200,000 miles on it. All six injectors were replaced in September and they replaced the injector cups as the same time, because coolant was getting into the number 4 cylinder. Seems like the oil is very thin, it has been to two shops recently and neither can find anything wrong. Did an oil sample and after 9,000 miles they said oil was 10 weight instead of 15 ( oil sample). Oil was sent to a lab in Indianapolis. The oil sample said it was 15/40 and that was sent to a lab in Houston, TX (Fleetguard). Can you give me a list of things to check. Do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Florescent die in the fuel will usually reveal it. I would bet a cracked head or a bad gear pump.

Sounds like the typical story heard from a victim of bad delete programming to me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
06-02-2018, (Subject: [split] Fuel in Oil Question. ) 
Rawze I changed the fuel and found no gasket on the pump. I am going to drive for 2 weeks keep a eye on the oil and take a oil sample again Put die in they said leaking at the fuel pump They said for 1100 they could fix it I got the pump for 542.00 put it in myself
replyreply
it still has oem tune it never ben done
replyreply
That was a serious thread highjackkng if I ever seen one lol

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
At least we helped the guy out lol
replyreply
06-06-2018, (Subject: [split] Fuel in Oil Question. ) 
RE: [split] Fuel in OPil Question.
(06-02-2018 )DUKE58 Wrote:  Rawze I changed the fuel and found no gasket on the pump. I am going to drive for 2 weeks keep a eye on the oil and take a oil sample again Put die in they said leaking at the fuel pump They said for 1100 they could fix it I got the pump for 542.00 put it in myself
I saw a video on rebuilding the fuel pump and the part that has the springs and ceramic pins that break are different between the 2350 and the 2250 according to the video the o-rings are like yellow for one engine and for the other engine the o-rings are i think brown colored.They both are the same size but If you use the wrong one it will leak fuel into the oil. Also the tappets have been re-engineered 3 times now. The stealership tried telling me the spring part with the plunger is no longer available and tried getting $3850 for a new fuel pump. I found the part number off a youtube video and then found the parts online new in a cummins box for $40 each.
replyreply
06-07-2018, (Subject: [split] Fuel in Oil Question. ) 
RE: [split] Fuel in OPil Question.
(06-06-2018 )BadDog Wrote:  [quote='DUKE58' pid='27433' dateline='1527959532']
The stealership tried telling me the spring part with the plunger is no longer available and tried getting $3850 for a new fuel pump. I found the part number off a youtube video and then found the parts online new in a cummins box for $40 each.

The dealer was telling you the truth, the kits will be unavailable here in short order... IF, I heard what I heard correctly when at Mr Hagg's... Cummins found another cash cow. No more rebuild kits, must buy an entirely new pump.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.