Primary and 2nd air gauges
06-03-2018, (Subject: Primary and 2nd air gauges ) 
Primary and 2nd air gauges
So my primary and secondary air gauges go to six o'clock when ever I turn the truck on is a 2009 international prostar and the warning beep is on but I do have air on the tanks and also I have breaks and I can hear the tank purge. This also hapennds when key on engine off both gauges go from 0 to past 150 and stay there with alarm on. Does anybody knows what's going on.
replyreply
RE: Primary and 2nd air gauges
I'm not familiar with the prostar circuits. But anytime a gauge spikes off at 6 o'clock it is an indication that the gauge itself either lost signal or the circuit lost power. I would start by checking fuses for your instrument panel and if it has a separate circuit for your air gauges. It can also be an indication that the gauge section of your instrument cluster has failed. But start with fuses, wiring and sensors for your air guages first.

Rawze and other guys have stated that the spades on the fuses and breakers in the prostars look fine but get a corrosion or patina on them that doesn't allow proper voltage through. Many of them have replaced all their fuses and fixed a lot of different problems by doing this.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos
RE: Primary and 2nd air gauges
The top of the dome leaks like hell in the rain when prostars get older. it pours water into your CB radio, the upper overhead, and down into the gauge cluster and into the cab controller. -- THAT is the number one cause of gauge cluster problems.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid16882

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.