2350 fuel pump
06-06-2018, (Subject: 2350 fuel pump ) 
RE: 2350 fuel pump
Best thing to do is open you up a free account on cumminsquick serve. It will allow you up to 5 engine numbers. Once you put your number in you can look at the service manual and there is a video there to shop you how to do it.. VERY good thing to do...What are you wanting to rebuild? We mostly do plungers and rollors.. If the check valve in head goes bad then they sell you the whole head now.. It will come with plungers all you need is rollers if you go that route.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: simon999 , DDB
I saw a video on it a few weeks ago on youtube. There is a difference between the 2350 and the 2250 engine. The tappets have been re-engineered 3 times now and the other part (can't remember name but they are under the springs) if the stem under the spring is metal then you don't have to replace. The Stealership is saying you can no longer purchase that part and you have to buy a $3850 fuel pump assembly. I found the parts online from cummins. The seals are either yellow or brown?? but you can't interchange the parts for the 2350 and 2250 as it allows the fuel to mix into the oil. Don't forget to order the gasket $35 when you replace the tappets which are like $80 each x 2..
(06-04-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  quick question when rebuilding the fuel pump do u have to take the hole pimp off or can it be done with it still on the truck .called a local shop up n had to leave a message waiting on them to maybe call me back ..i got 292k on it now not trying to wait to much longer to get it fix or maybe try in do it my self ...
replyreply
i have cummins quick serve in still trying to learn how to really use it take me a little bit longer to learon the computor in book part but getting there..just been reading alot about the fuel pump going bad on the cumming trying to get it fix before it take out my motor so ill change what ever need be .just dont really know what to look for so ill take it one step at a time...
replyreply
(06-06-2018 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Best thing to do is open you up a free account on cumminsquick serve. It will allow you up to 5 engine numbers. Once you put your number in you can look at the service manual and there is a video there to shop you how to do it.. VERY good thing to do...What are you wanting to rebuild? We mostly do plungers and rollors.. If the check valve in head goes bad then they sell you the whole head now.. It will come with plungers all you need is rollers if you go that route.
MR Hagg thank u i found that video u were talking about.help out some now i just need to figure out what i should replace so i can get ready to order the parts ..any recommendation on what parts i should replace to make the pump last..not trying to have to keep taking it apart ..
replyreply
{Post removed -- Advertising}
replyreply
06-07-2018, (Subject: 2350 fuel pump ) 
(06-06-2018 )BadDog Wrote:  
I saw a video on it a few weeks ago on youtube. There is a difference between the 2350 and the 2250 engine. The tappets have been re-engineered 3 times now and the other part (can't remember name but they are under the springs) if the stem under the spring is metal then you don't have to replace. The Stealership is saying you can no longer purchase that part and you have to buy a $3850 fuel pump assembly. I found the parts online from cummins. The seals are either yellow or brown?? but you can't interchange the parts for the 2350 and 2250 as it allows the fuel to mix into the oil. Don't forget to order the gasket $35 when you replace the tappets which are like $80 each x 2..
(06-04-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  quick question when rebuilding the fuel pump do u have to take the hole pimp off or can it be done with it still on the truck .called a local shop up n had to leave a message waiting on them to maybe call me back ..i got 292k on it now not trying to wait to much longer to get it fix or maybe try in do it my self ...
You should buy parts if you know cummins part numbers

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
06-07-2018, (Subject: 2350 fuel pump ) 
(06-06-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  i have cummins quick serve in still trying to learn how to really use it take me a little bit longer to learon the computor in book part but getting there..just been reading alot about the fuel pump going bad on the cumming trying to get it fix before it take out my motor so ill change what ever need be .just dont really know what to look for so ill take it one step at a time...
I don't know if my post will stop you from doing expensive mistakes or not but I will try at least.
First question is why you decide you need to repair fuel pump?
Did you have some diagnostic or any symptoms to say the fuel pump is on the way?
Was it done some oil analysis showing iron increased?
Did you verify with Cummins what the plungers is installed in pump and pump part number.
Cummins has released a lot of different model of pump and parts are not interchangeable but looks very same. I have seen five different pump on 2250. Pump for 2350 is different story.
If wrong part got installed the pump with engine going to the junk yard.
Don't read too much what is posted by guy who like to tell horror stories.
The truck mileage doesn't matter as I have 650000 and pump was inspected at 600000 in mr Haag shop. No any evidence of wear or something wrong.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM
06-08-2018, (Subject: 2350 fuel pump ) 
(06-07-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  I don't know if my post will stop you from doing expensive mistakes or not but I will try at least.
First question is why you decide you need to repair fuel pump?
Did you have some diagnostic or any symptoms to say the fuel pump is on the way?
Was it done some oil analysis showing iron increased?
Did you verify with Cummins what the plungers is installed in pump and pump part number.
Cummins has released a lot of different model of pump and parts are not interchangeable but looks very same. I have seen five different pump on 2250. Pump for 2350 is different story.
If wrong part got installed the pump with engine going to the junk yard.
Don't read too much what is posted by guy who like to tell horror stories.
The truck mileage doesn't matter as I have 650000 and pump was inspected at 600000 in mr Haag shop. No any evidence of wear or something wrong.

Just because your own made it that far does not mean it is the norm...

My own recommendation is based on how many and when they fail. i have seen dozens and dozens of failures. I would have to say that a person with a CM2250 or CM2350 should replace the guts of the high pressure fuel pump every 400k miles, 500k max as a preventative measure BEFORE THERE ARE ANY SIGNS OF FAILURE!. Most of the ones I have seen failed roughly between 450k and 550k miles without any measurable warning whatsoever. -- Nothing to play with if you really care about your engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-09-2018, (Subject: 2350 fuel pump ) 
I just did mine, not bad but that vice better be solid because those plungers are tight! You need a... 12 point? socket, you'll probably want a swivel too. Things the manual left off.... The fuel line holding bracket just above the pump, remove the 2 bolts, the banjo bolt that has the screen in it, replace it since you're there anyways and order 3 of the orings for it because you'll probably lose one, matter of fact make sure you get enough damn oring washers, cheap insurance.
On the 2350 there is an updated roller pin, old was fixed ends made of brass, new is a floating pin with rounded ends, don't tip the lifter because the pin will silently try to escape! When I did mine the cam and everything looked very good, but be sure to look at yours, and don't forget to have fun!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.