Tires, Continental HDL2 Eco +, thought?
06-04-2018, (Subject: Tires, Continental HDL2 Eco +, thought? ) 
Tires, Continental HDL2 Eco +, thought?
Alright, I wasted two tires when the brake chamber blew on our test drive. I called around town and found an entire set (8) of the HDL2 DL Eco +. They will also install my 4 new Haldex brake chambers, 6 new Meritor slack adjusters, a brake valve and all new brake hoses along with the tires for $3250 out the door. This is a reputable shop, Southern Tire Mart, as far as I know. Tires and driveline work is all they do.

Anyone running these Continental tires? Looked at rolling resistance number which is a not that great 120, my current tires are around 145.

What are your thoughts? I think the price is incredibly good, for the amount of work involved including the 8 tires. I had no plans on buying tires down here, but found this deal. But is it a deal? And I can install all the brake crap and then go get tires. You all know how slow I am. They said I’ll be out of the shop at 1300 hours if I get there around 0700. 3 days or 6 hours? I need to get back to work.
replyreply
RE: Tires, Continental HDL2 Eco +, thought?
Definitely a good price. I've heard good things about continental but never owned them. Michelin has a tool for comparing rolling resistance. Continental is a good brand though.
https://www.michelintruck.com/tools/roll...omparison/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Any word on winter driving?
replyreply
They are what I had for my last set. They were average. No problem in snow. Fuel mileage didn't change for being ECO+. I think I got 200000 out of them. Which they cupped the inner edge and once they started, I couldnt get them to stop or slow. Even with constant rotation and breaking them down and flipping them on the rim. I personally won't buy them again. But I've never been impressed with any continental on any if the trucks I've had. Again, I would say they were just average. Maybe you'll get more outta them then I did.

I got bit by Bridgestone M710 bug and love em so far. Best drive I've ever rode on and a notable .5mpg jump pump to pump.

I don't know how they're doin all that for that price. The tires alone should eat up most of the price. Say at the real real low end of $350 per tire. Thats $2800 + $80 per slack. Thats $3280. Where's the room for the 4 brake chambers $40 each, 1 brake valve $$??, making hoses and labor to install?? Thats either the best price in the world or I'm missing something. Something doesn't smell right with that. Unless you already bought the parts and they're just installing... Then ya, thats an outstanding price.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Pricing is with National account. Brake lines are ready to go, as are chambers. He is giving me $250 for my Generals. The tires, he has 220 of them sitting here n their warehouse, big chain down here, and their shop opened for business a few weeks ago. Place is gorgeous. He needs business and said he would cut me a deal to get me in there. Good to know about the tires. I run light and very short miles, so I figure a few years out of these should be doable. And, he has other brands, which I already told him I may be interested in. Only thing he doesn’t have are the Michelin.
replyreply
06-05-2018, (Subject: Tires, Continental HDL2 Eco +, thought? ) 
Just have them do it and get back to work. I wouldn't even think twice.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
06-05-2018, (Subject: Tires, Continental HDL2 Eco +, thought? ) 
They carry the once discontinued tire I drove in with, so I bought four of those and am having them rotate the tires front to back for a more even wear. Then into the shop for the brake job. So, all is good, so far...
replyreply
06-09-2018, (Subject: Tires, Continental HDL2 Eco +, thought? ) 
(06-04-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  They are what I had for my last set. They were average. No problem in snow. Fuel mileage didn't change for being ECO+. I think I got 200000 out of them. Which they cupped the inner edge and once they started, I couldnt get them to stop or slow. Even with constant rotation and breaking them down and flipping them on the rim. I personally won't buy them again. But I've never been impressed with any continental on any if the trucks I've had. Again, I would say they were just average. Maybe you'll get more outta them then I did.

I got bit by Bridgestone M710 bug and love em so far. Best drive I've ever rode on and a notable .5mpg jump pump to pump.

I don't know how they're doin all that for that price. The tires alone should eat up most of the price. Say at the real real low end of $350 per tire. Thats $2800 + $80 per slack. Thats $3280. Where's the room for the 4 brake chambers $40 each, 1 brake valve $$??, making hoses and labor to install?? Thats either the best price in the world or I'm missing something. Something doesn't smell right with that. Unless you already bought the parts and they're just installing... Then ya, thats an outstanding price.

How are they wearing so far?
replyreply
06-09-2018, (Subject: Tires, Continental HDL2 Eco +, thought? ) 
If your referring to the M710's. 40000 miles and still look perfect. They have rode like tires that are well worn in since day 1. No washing or squirrelly feeling during break in. So far best tire I've ever had on. Time will tell how long they last.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.