Ugly fix
06-07-2018, (Subject: Ugly fix ) 
Ugly fix
Is the ugly fix worth the time putting on my 2009 isx. It did work on my 14l Detroit obviously 2 different engines just curious if anyone had any luck with them.
replyreply
06-08-2018, (Subject: Ugly fix ) 
RE: Ugly fix
Im guessing this is some sort of cheapo demandate doomed to trash the engine in short order. But im curious what it entails. Not to ever promote it or use it but to be just aware of what it is. If you can vaguely describe what it entails I'd appreciate the knowledge.

If it is a demandate your after, your engine can be done very efficiently by you, a laptop, an inline adapter. Plus knowing how to properly program your ECM. There are a couple guys on here that can help with the last part. Some may contact you if your willing to ask. Or you can contact Unilevers, Mamaburt or I believe Mr. Hagg are in the business of taking care of this for you. Just PM them.
replyreply
Take the barometric sensor off and plug in the ugly fix to close the egr. Like I said on my Detroit it worked wonders cooled the engine down 15 degrees oil stayed clean for 10k. Now they have ugly fix for a Cummins but don’t want to install if gonna cause problems was just curious what was thought of it
replyreply
dont

High altitude on ISX still have egr, so it will not shut the egr down. it will also not shut down the DPF or anything to do with that.

What it will do is alter your injection strategy and combustion managers greatly and cause it to run like crap and have all sorts of possible failures. All ending in the destruction of your engine because you put that Barometric sensor tricker on there.

Just dont, do it properly there are many options or leave it stock.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Brock
Ok thank you
replyreply
(06-08-2018 )Oldad6150 Wrote:  Take the barometric sensor off and plug in the ugly fix to close the egr. Like I said on my Detroit it worked wonders cooled the engine down 15 degrees oil stayed clean for 10k. Now they have ugly fix for a Cummins but don’t want to install if gonna cause problems was just curious what was thought of it

Even on the Detroit they are a bad thing. It shortens the life of the engine and causes over-boosting on them.

it has been discussed here before...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid20332

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Brock , Rockhwy
06-11-2018, (Subject: Ugly fix ) 
Yeah it went from 35 pounds manifold to about 45.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.