Considering fuel pump problem when buying Cummins
06-09-2018, (Subject: Considering fuel pump problem when buying Cummins ) 
Considering fuel pump problem when buying Cummins
What would you recommend to someone whose only option is to buy a newer truck (2014-2017) , now that Cummins is not going to sell the rebuild kit anymore?

I just read that in another thread but didn’t want to hijack it. Here’s the important post :

(06-07-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(06-06-2018 )BadDog Wrote:  [quote='DUKE58' pid='27433' dateline='1527959532']
The stealership tried telling me the spring part with the plunger is no longer available and tried getting $3850 for a new fuel pump. I found the part number off a youtube video and then found the parts online new in a cummins box for $40 each.

The dealer was telling you the truth, the kits will be unavailable here in short order... IF, I heard what I heard correctly when at Mr Hagg's... Cummins found another cash cow. No more rebuild kits, must buy an entirely new pump.

User's Signature: I Need to start asking my stupid questions
replyreply
RE: Considering fuel pump problem when buying Cummins
Do you guys think that this pump issue has become such an issue that the big red engine maker thought it be best to just sell the whole pump instead? One less thing for the wrench jockeys at the stealership to mess with trying to rebuild.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
I just bought all the parts, while Cummins made it hard to read all the numbers the parts guy said nothing about discontinuing, of course this wasn't a kit either.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: simon999 , rrod
(06-09-2018 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  I just bought all the parts, while Cummins made it hard to read all the numbers the parts guy said nothing about discontinuing, of course this wasn't a kit either.

Yeah I was slightly concerned after reading that post as well. My local cummins dealer tells me all the parts are still available just not as a kit. True or not I don't know, but that's what he told me over the phone.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
06-11-2018, (Subject: Considering fuel pump problem when buying Cummins ) 
(06-09-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  
(06-09-2018 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  I just bought all the parts, while Cummins made it hard to read all the numbers the parts guy said nothing about discontinuing, of course this wasn't a kit either.

Yeah I was slightly concerned after reading that post as well. My local cummins dealer tells me all the parts are still available just not as a kit. True or not I don't know, but that's what he told me over the phone.

The kit number now corresponds to the fuel pump, so I can see where the confusion comes from.
replyreply
06-11-2018, (Subject: Considering fuel pump problem when buying Cummins ) 
My experience ..... I have a cm2250 isx 12 that I bought with a failed pump. Cummins quick serve shows only a replacement pump, no barrel and plungers and no tappets no head not even a head gasket the only part available on quick serve is the shear pin and maybe the gear. I purchased the parts from bigrig.com, just bought what I seen as fitting a cm2250.
replyreply
06-12-2018, (Subject: Considering fuel pump problem when buying Cummins ) 
I just did a 2350 update a couple days ago, all parts were available from our local kw dealer. Once stock at Paccar will be depleted it might be a different story.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod , Pigpen 2869

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.