Fan not turning on
07-01-2018, (Subject: Fan not turning on ) 
RE: Fan not turning on
Ok came home from NC with 40k on the deck ran fine on my scan gauge climbing up the hills she never got over 209 and fan never came on except for the AC turning it on ...the oil got to 240 is that to hot for an ISX ?
replyreply
07-01-2018, (Subject: Fan not turning on ) 
(07-01-2018 )earnies2 Wrote:  Ok came home from NC with 40k on the deck ran fine on my scan gauge climbing up the hills she never got over 209 and fan never came on except for the AC turning it on ...the oil got to 240 is that to hot for an ISX ?

nope. Try turning on your fan, before climbing the hill's.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
07-02-2018, (Subject: Fan not turning on ) 
(07-01-2018 )earnies2 Wrote:  Ok came home from NC with 40k on the deck ran fine on my scan gauge climbing up the hills she never got over 209 and fan never came on except for the AC turning it on ...the oil got to 240 is that to hot for an ISX ?

240 on the oil temp a bit hot.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: wellrun
07-31-2018, (Subject: Fan not turning on ) 
(06-12-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  The ecm supplies the ground. When you interrupted ground you de energize the solenoid allowing the air on the fan side to exhaust from the bottom.

Do not purchase a 2 port. All the have is an inlet and outlet. There is no way to vent the pressure on the fan hub without a exhaust port.

You want a 1/4" 3 port normally open pnuematic valve. Something like https://amzn.to/2LfwCXo

Ok I got a 3 port that you recommended and it doesn't have port instructions one on one side marked. N. On the other side no markings here are some pix

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Pix 2

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
I'm not saying that one is the same as mine but of it's similar then the input from the supply (fan solenoid) is on the side with 2 ports. It will be the port closest to the electromagnet. The port on the bottom is exhaust. The other side with the single port is the outlet to the fan hub. It should pass air through until you flip the switch to energize the valve, then it vent the pressure from the fan hub out which applies the clutch engaging the fan.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains , earnies2
Oh and both I have installed on suspensions to use as dump valves were stuck in the open position. I had to manually cycle it the 1st time with a small flathead screwdriver. Once they were freed up they worked perfect every time. I'm not sure if it is due to them being bounced and tossed by the shipping company but if you put it on and it doesn't cycle try to manually cycle it without the air fittings installed.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: earnies2 , Sergiu
08-01-2018, (Subject: Fan not turning on ) 
(07-31-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  Oh and both I have installed on suspensions to use as dump valves were stuck in the open position. I had to manually cycle it the 1st time with a small flathead screwdriver. Once they were freed up they worked perfect every time. I'm not sure if it is due to them being bounced and tossed by the shipping company but if you put it on and it doesn't cycle try to manually cycle it without the air fittings installed.

Thanks I'll let you know how I make out.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.