Weak Jake and truck that shakes like a milkshake machine when it’s on full jake
06-14-2018, (Subject: Weak Jake and truck that shakes like a milkshake machine when it’s on full jake ) 
Weak Jake and truck that shakes like a milkshake machine when it’s on full jake
Isx15 model 2350
Jake on 3rd stage got very weak and truck shakes like mad when Jake is trying to work. Jake solenoids are working, could bad turbo be the problem?? I heard the turbo is used for the 3rd stage, if so how would that make my truck go shake rattle and shake like my driveline wants to come undone?? This problem is driving me nuts:waaaht::waaaht:
replyreply
06-14-2018, (Subject: Weak Jake and truck that shakes like a milkshake machine when it’s on full jake ) 
RE: Weak Jake and truck that shakes like a milkshake machine when it’s on full jake
Could be turbo is getting gunked up with soot and at the higher level its more noticable that its not working at full potential. Mine had stopped completely after an injector issue. I found a place that cleans them out here in Ohio. Cost me $250 and the jakes came back. It was packed with gunk and VGT ring was frozen in it. The shaking I have no idea I've had that before myself but I didn't attribute it to the jake. I was pulling one of those low riding car hauler type trailer that have the belly close to the ground. Over 60 and under 70 was like riding an off balance washing machine. I get it not as well but my leveling valve was leaking and since I've replaced it I dont think I've gotten the ride height correct. Between 30 and 45 its shimmys pretty good. So maybe check that, if nothing else to eliminate it, and see if its working properly. I'm just guessing here hopefully someone smarter than me will have a better answer.
replyreply
06-15-2018, (Subject: Weak Jake and truck that shakes like a milkshake machine when it’s on full jake ) 
RE: Weak Jake and truck that shakes like a milkshake machine when it’s on full jake
Could be as turbo problem or alternatively ...

Any sign of fuel or coolant delusion in an oil sample?

A leaking injector can make a cylinder fire during hard engine braking. Makes engine shake like it has a bent rod or something while the jake is on.

I.E.> Anything that lets oil or fuel into the cylinder(s) when it is not supposed to be there. I have seen trucks that have done this quite a few times in the past.

It could also be coolant getting into a cylinder. Sometimes head gasket or injector cup will not leak until under hard engine braking on an ISX. Is it using any coolant?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-15-2018, (Subject: Weak Jake and truck that shakes like a milkshake machine when it’s on full jake ) 
(06-14-2018 )Grizzly Wrote:  Over 60 and under 70 was like riding an off balance washing machine. I get it not as well but my leveling valve was leaking and since I've replaced it I dont think I've gotten the ride height correct. Between 30 and 45 its shimmys pretty good. So maybe check that, if nothing else to eliminate it, and see if its working properly. I'm just guessing here hopefully someone smarter than me will have a better answer.

If the ride height is your actual problem, you're gonna want to get that taken care of immediately. It will absolutely toast the input and or output bearing on the rears and or carrier bearing in a hurry. If it already hasn't happened which is why your still feeling it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Grizzly
How did you test the solenoids to know their working? Mine was doing this a few months back. I checked the solenoids with a multimeter and they were in spec. Rawze said it sounded like a sticking solenoid. I had an extra solenoid, so I changed the one towards the front of the engine. Mine has been smooth since then. My engine is a cm2250. The engine brake is the same as a cm2350. Also the pass through harness that goes to the solenoids can get bad, so oil can get into the wiring and cause issues.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.