My Pete rebuild
09-07-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
RE: My Pete rebuild
Speaking of wiring...

Hoping for an uneventful power up. Lift pump is unplugged, since if there is any crap in the pickup tube, I don't want it pulled into my filter. Tank cleanout is tomorrow, and maybe? attempt to start? I need to either get my butt in gear on airlines, or get an adapter to put air to the unloader port on the compressor.
replyreply
09-08-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
I don't like diagnostics...

When I scroll down through the information, temps are reading room temperature for both the coolant and oil temps, but I can't clear the code?
replyreply
(09-08-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  I don't like diagnostics...

When I scroll down through the information, temps are reading room temperature for both the coolant and oil temps, but I can't clear the code?

you can clear active faults all you want to, but if the condition that set the fault does not go away, then the fault will come right back instantaneously.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Just talked to Unilevers, he said I could try reflashing it... I have 5v @ the sensors, they're both reading 3.44v on the signal, and showing room temp of 72 degree...
replyreply
Being that you bought it unrunning and just learned how to get Insite working just as you got it towed home. It may have some parking lot rot in the ECM or you bought it with a funky program in it. Any idea what the story was that the engine seized up to begin with?
replyreply
I have no history, zero, other than what I've tried to decode through deconstruction.

Last time I played with Insite was 3/30. Yeah, I purged all that lol. I'm trying to find the correct cal file to flash it, but for some reason, I can't find the list.
replyreply
ECM sticker reads AV10070.11-80000

Insite is showing: AV10229.09

I had a list showing correct cal files, and vaguely remember that I put the wrong ones into the BAC folder, so I can't trust them lol, not to mention I'm just as confused on file extensions as I was 5+ months ago.

I feel like a monkey with no quarters standing at a vending machine full of bananas.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
I should have just sent my actuator to Yiyito with the turbo.... It sounds like an internal bearing is dry/noisy (the one on the bottom is good).

Anyone open up one of these before?
replyreply
09-09-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
Yes. I had to replace mine, and I took it apart and looked at it before I returned it for the core.
Its a fairly simple mechanism. There's a circuit board with a gear that is driven by it. Then two gears that the aforementioned gear drives, and they in turn drive the one that sticks out the bottom. All the grease was dried up on mine, and the bearings were pretty well seized. You shouldn't ruin anything by disassembling it carefully. You may get lucky and be able to loosen up the works. But I imagine that they're getting to the end of their useful life. Have you had any codes or boost issues with it before?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.