My Pete rebuild
10-27-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
RE: My Pete rebuild
The top section was half split off the bottom "clam shell".

Of course when I removed it from the mount, one of the bolts broke off flush with the fiberglass. So I finished splitting the two halves and cleaned the adhesive off of both.

Just like everything else... the mount all but vanished with the needle scaler.

If time was no concern, I'd take the mount(s) off the cab and make new brackets, but I'm just not feeling dealing with another rabbit hole. A patch should last a while.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: ZeroNthedark
10-30-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
I'm not sure if troubles find me because I bitch a lot, or I bitch a lot because troubles find me, but here we are. For a month now, I've been going back and forth with _______ while they go back and forth with _______ _______ for a solution to the fubar bumper I received back in September...

________ dropped the ball, I don't think ______ ______ even knew there was a ball, and then _________ just figured they'd wait for me to bitch some more lol.

The bottom passenger side flared out at the bottom:

So I just cut the gusset...

Threw some ratchet straps on

But, it just wanted to twist the end up towards my hood... So I drilled a stop hole and made a cut into the radius in hopes that the thing would pull in, and it did

Since their welds weren't pretty, I figure mine don't half to be either lol

But the brackets still pulled the bumper ends in way too far.... Out of patience to make it fit the way someone dreamed it would, some washers to shim each end will have to do for now.

Here's hoping that after all of this, I don't rip the damned thing off on a snowbank my first trip out.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , snailexpress , Brock
10-30-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
Thats pretty sad. Brand new and fubar. Seems to bee the norm these days on a lot of stuff.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-31-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
Wher'd you get those headlamps? That's the first time I've seen that style. I'm going to be replacing mine next trip home.
replyreply
It’s really coming together, stay the course you’ve got a fine looking truck there!!

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
(10-31-2018 )pearce trucking Wrote:  Wher'd you get those headlamps? That's the first time I've seen that style. I'm going to be replacing mine next trip home.

Raney's. I read a lot of bad reviews on the United Pacific lights, and was ready to get OE style from AM-Autoparts, and saw these. They're china lights, and no reviews.... One was packaged broken (I can't see how it could have broke during shipping), so quality is already iffy, but they look nice lol.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking
11-01-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
Despite the fact that there didn't seem to be an issue with the driver side hood latch, I just had to check it.

Oops. had to make another bracket...

Of course, 1 bolt came right out, and the other broke flush with the fiberglass. This side wasn't coming apart already, and I wasn't about to ruin it by trying to pop the sections apart...

So, what the heck, it works on exhaust manifold bolts that break off down in....

Little scary, since every blip caught fire, but after 3 nuts,

Success!

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Roysbigtoys , Hammerhead , ZeroNthedark
11-05-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
Update for the day, I managed to kill my Calterm somehow during my chinese Nexiq adventure (from the Paccar ESA thread) and it won't connect to my Inline 6 anymore. Insite still works happily with either lol. I tried re-installing my Inline drivers, but no go, so any programming is on a back burner for a while.

On another note, called my auto/home insurance agent for a NTL & Physical Damage quote and was ready to say forgetaboutitall lol. Totally insane quote of over $12k. Called a customer that's also a local agent, and had MUCH better numbers. I could do my own authority for the first quote, and NTL & PD came in at a much more reasonable rate. Didn't realize how much adding Coil Steel affected PD, so I left it off to start out. We'll get past the flatbed learning curve before I start dropping coils on the deck.
replyreply
11-06-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
You'll be dropping coils on that bad boy in no time. Especially out in steel country where your at. If you like chicago, Detroit, Kentucy and Pittsburgh area's they'll be you bread and butter and you won't mind paying at little more. Just remember, no one ever lost one by over securing one, braking too gently or taking turns to slow.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.