My Pete rebuild
11-08-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
RE: My Pete rebuild
(10-31-2018 )pearce trucking Wrote:  Wher'd you get those headlamps? That's the first time I've seen that style. I'm going to be replacing mine next trip home.

I hope you didn't order them - quality control is poor/non-existent on these lights... After being just merely exposed to the outdoors for a week....

Raney's did handle the passenger side light replacement promptly, but I really don't see these performing well in the long term. Sad, because they do look nice.
replyreply
Hello beautiful.

I've tried hard not to advertise, promote, or put down any business in this thread, but that said, a little credit is due. 4 State has completely redeemed themselves over the rotten bumper ordeal. Both financially, and with some pretty incredible service. At this point, they own a pretty big chunk of my loyalty, well, at least as much as I'm willing to give as a consumer lol.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock
I leave a lot of daily stuff out and generally try to hide my anxiety-ridden paranoias. So I never posted about it, but when I installed my mud flaps and hangers I noticed the right rear frame was lower by about 3/4" or so and it's been driving me crazy ever since. I've been 2nd guessing my eyesight as I looked at the frame trying to find a twist, and have measured just about everywhere on the truck to see what exactly is off. I don't do a lot with suspension in general, so it took me a while to finally narrow it down to what I think is a weak RR leaf. I couldn't tell for sure if it was actually the spring or if the frame was twisted, while the spring was mounted on the truck, but I finally ordered a new leaf, so we'll see...

It's probably a good thing, since I never saw that the factory squished the ABS sensor wire under the plate...

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
You may be save the lights by resealing them i've seen some of the honda/truck guys do this with the lights when they retro fit them, they bake um in the oven and pull um apart there's a ton of youtube stuff on how to do that and seal them up better. might save the ones you got.

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(11-08-2018 )stevesparts Wrote:  You may be save the lights by resealing them i've seen some of the honda/truck guys do this with the lights when they retro fit them, they bake um in the oven and pull um apart there's a ton of youtube stuff on how to do that and seal them up better. might save the ones you got.

For $500, I'd rather have a set of properly sealed lights to start with. I'm not opposed to running a bead of sealant around the shell on a new one as a safety precaution, but with zero road time?
replyreply
11-09-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
There is a different style I've been looking at. They are projection and you can get them in black or chrome.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201811/post_1338_1541739372_9e5f28e545fa31b68c717cdc663e684a.jpg
replyreply
Yeah, I was scared away from the United Pacific ones by the bad reviews, mostly wire harness issues from cheap connectors. A replacement is on the way, and I'm going to seal both of the new ones in hopes of actually getting some use out of them.

Spring is on, but I still have about 1/4-3/8" of droop on the passenger side. Thinking that a new front drive leaf will take care of it, but I think I'm going to wait until this thing makes me a couple of bucks first. Torquing u-bolts was the hardest part and made me wish I was a "run em on with the impact and call it good" kind of guy. Awkward angles and working upside down to get to the 480 ft lbs was too much like work.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking
Freightliner had a recall on steer axle springs back in '02. For months I was under trucks torquing u-bolts. A creeper and strong legs saved my arms from being smoked all night. I feel your pain.
replyreply
Things that make me curse...

Pulled my first (R.R.) hub to check bearings and replace seal.

Ready to light a match.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.