My Pete rebuild
08-18-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
RE: My Pete rebuild
(08-18-2018 )pearce trucking Wrote:  Cleaning up the frame rails would be so much easier without all that crap in the way.

I cleaned off about 8 feet, and then stripped out a welded stud for one of the ties... It's going to have to be a "good enough" job. I don't have the time or space to strip to bare rails and deal with all of that, unfortunately. I would have loved to sand blast and paint it all, but I just can't afford to close the shop for a week to do so.

Doesn't really matter, 2-3 years here in the rust belt even a perfect job would be rusting again.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking
Paint everything you can reach with POR-15 and a top coat of sorts while you are at it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bubbanbrenda
Figured now is as good of time as any to go ahead and replace the cab mounts.

Here's the passenger side compared to new -

I think it may have been due? Normally I'd say it should ride better, but I have no baseline here.

Ordered some Silver Road front shocks to try out. Just like everything else, no baseline but my contempt for Monroe and Gabriel in general. I thought about trying a KYB, but couldn't find any kind of feedback on them for heavy applications.
replyreply
08-19-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
I have silver road shocks....seemed to perform a lot better than stick out of the box but I'm getting a rebound issue when on bumpy roads already. About 100k miles on them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
These were mine on my 2000 379 EXHD 565 ISX (starting my addiction) 18spd. 3.25. I was amazed how many gremlins were "fixed" by replacing them. The hood was magically perfectly aligned, and never squeaked again...lol, and the clutch brake magically started working perfectly after several thousands of dollars of "repairs" that never really worked right or very long. But above all the ride quality difference was amazing. ./uploads/201808/post_1851_1534691750_78765c105c5c42a5accff5585c80c6a6.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Rawze , Mrkentee
Speaking of clutch brakes...

This little ba&*^% was fun getting the front pivot nut off. 1-2 clicks on the wrench at a time squeezing between it and the backup wrench over the frame rail.

replyreply
(08-19-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  Speaking of clutch brakes...

This little ba&*^% was fun getting the front pivot nut off. 1-2 clicks on the wrench at a time squeezing between it and the backup wrench over the frame rail.

I HATE those things! Makes all the difference in the world tho when you replace a worn one.
replyreply
08-20-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
Generally, I did a great job labeling, bagging, and keeping parts together. But this guy was just kinda wondering around in a daze under my rack. I'd like to reunite him with his family.

Anyone know where he's from?
replyreply
08-20-2018, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
Looks like clip that holds imap sensor
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking , Nostalgic , Rawze , Brock , Nilao , Signature620 , dhirocz , in2trux , amermextrucker , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.