Procedure for Cleaning Glycol from isx15 Engines
06-16-2018, (Subject: Procedure for Cleaning Glycol from isx15 Engines ) 
RE: Procedure for Cleaning Glycol from isx15 Engines
I am not recommending but this is what I have used. water and dish soap (dawn) in coolant side I always pulled the thermostats so it had flow, let it run then drain and repeat until clean. On oil side? I have an ISX 12 so it may be designed different but I pulled the oil filter base and there is a main passage for the oil, I used my fuel pump in back of pickup with diesel, I was able to cut a piece of rubber hose that fit on nozzele and into the main port and I flushed about 7-8 gallons through the system then drain it from pan. When I had clean fuel (I was looking for metal and contaminants) I flushed with 5 wt oil to push diesel out. Please realize I was going further into engine! I installed new mains and rods I also removed oil cooler along with jakes and racks.
Before you do this make sure you get other advice!!!!!! I would not do it on a assembled engine, without considering the consequences!!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , redbeard

Messages In This Thread
RE: Procedure for Cleaning Glycol from isx15 Engines - imalumberjack - 06-16-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.