need fan switch on dash
06-17-2018, (Subject: need fan switch on dash ) 
need fan switch on dash
where would i jumper across to install a fan switch on dash for enginefan

User's Signature: willies way
replyreply
RE: need fan switch on dash
Truck make, model and year?

Many can't simply be jumped without having a CEL come on.
replyreply
08 IHC 9200i cm871

replyreply
06-18-2018, (Subject: need fan switch on dash ) 
Alright, There is a small chance being it's a 9200i you can just splice in to the fan solenoid on the fire wall. On the drivers side firewall just above your clutch linkages, there is an air solenoid that controls the fan. Unplug it and then turn your key on. If you don't get a check engine light on the dash then you'll be able to use a test light and find which side of the plug that is ground. That is the 1 that you'll want to splice into and run your switch to ground.
This is a CM871 so chances are it's gonna throw a code and your gonna have to scrap that idea all together.
If it throws a code plug it back in and you'll plumb in a 2nd solenoid just passed the factory 1. In between the factory solenoid and the engine fan.
Or you can go the route of splicing in to the factory solenoid but then you'll have to get or know someone with Calterm to suppress the code for the check engine light.

Let us know if you get the check engine light or not.
replyreply
06-18-2018, (Subject: need fan switch on dash ) 
ok thanks, will ckeck that out

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.