ac not coming thru dash vents
06-18-2018, (Subject: ac not coming thru dash vents ) 
ac not coming thru dash vents
2011 prostar - my ac blows thru the defroster or to the floor vent. i have replaced the control module on the dash at the advice of mechs at the local stealership and it didn't help; any ideas will be much appreciated ...
replyreply
RE: ac not coming thru dash vents
(06-18-2018 )bobbywaite Wrote:  my ac blows thru the defroster or to the floor vent. i have replaced the control module on the dash at the advice of mechs at the local stealership and it didn't help; any ideas will be much appreciated ...

Sounds to me like the mode door actuator is bad.
replyreply
I second the door actuator and there's a reason mines still broke.
replyreply
I've got a similar issue on mine, only works on defrost and won't change to any other setting. Recently the heat now went come on either so I think I'm finally gonna rip the passenger panels off and swap those modules out...... back one behind HVAC box seems like it will take a lot of cuss words to get out.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(06-18-2018 )bobbywaite Wrote:  2011 prostar - my ac blows thru the defroster or to the floor vent. i have replaced the control module on the dash at the advice of mechs at the local stealership and it didn't help; any ideas will be much appreciated ...

the blend door motors are notorious for going bad. Sounds like your mechanic gave some poor advice for not telling you to just swap blend door motors out to see what it is instead of being quick to waste money on the control module.

the blend door motors are the same as a "1999 jeep grand cherokee blend door actuator". you can get em at any autoparts store for about half the price of one at the stealershit.

What goes bad in them is the plastic gears. I have a 3d printer, so I just made a new gear for mine when it went bad ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...24#pid8824

It was a good reason for me to buy a 3d printer so that i could write it off on my taxes as a business expense.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , smorgan87 , Brock
(06-18-2018 )Brock Wrote:  I've got a similar issue on mine, only works on defrost and won't change to any other setting. Recently the heat now went come on either so I think I'm finally gonna rip the passenger panels off and swap those modules out...... back one behind HVAC box seems like it will take a lot of cuss words to get out.

The term, "contortionist" comes to mind. Nothing like folding yourself into a pretzel to get that baby out. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(06-18-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(06-18-2018 )Brock Wrote:  I've got a similar issue on mine, only works on defrost and won't change to any other setting. Recently the heat now went come on either so I think I'm finally gonna rip the passenger panels off and swap those modules out...... back one behind HVAC box seems like it will take a lot of cuss words to get out.

The term, "contortionist" comes to mind. Nothing like folding yourself into a pretzel to get that baby out. ;-)

I open passenger door and lay on my back on the floor-board. Cursing a lot and looking for a very short T-15 bit is part of that job.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Brock
I got lucky. Mine blows out of the vents only so i have no interest in killing myself and getting a divorce trying to get that thing out.
replyreply
Rawze you are the man! The info on them being the same as a Cherokee...... priceless!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.