manual fan switch install
06-18-2018, (Subject: manual fan switch install ) 
manual fan switch install
I got a 2009 prostar with a 871 cummins. I want to add a manual fan switch. I have insite so id prefer to just buy a nice cheap switch vs a solenoid, and wire it into the truck wherever the stock one would've gone if possible, then use insite to enable the switch. I read another post for a volvo that sounded like it could be done pretty easy, so im hoping international made it easy too lol, im just not sure where to wire to.
replyreply
06-18-2018, (Subject: manual fan switch install ) 
RE: manual fan switch install
Its a 0v on fan solonoid. When the ground circuit is open the fan comes on. So cut the ground wire at the solonoid, run 2 wires from there to a toggle switch in the cab (wherever youd like the switch to be) when u turn the switch off opening the now extended ground circuit the fan comes on. Turn the switch on closing the circuit the fan goes off and follows whatever the computer wants it to do. @m*m^2 tunes already have the computer ignoring the manual switch if not a @m*m^2 tune then it should be an option in parameters to change.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.