Newbe Blog
06-19-2018, (Subject: Newbe Blog ) 
Newbe Blog
Hi guys, I recently bought my first truck and I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I finally got to bring it home this weekend. I couldn't wait to remove and inspect the IMAP sensor! It took me a bit to get it out, at 550k miles, it had never been replaced. It was pretty bad but not as bad as I had expected. As for now I just cleaned it up and I've already noticed a big difference in how its running. It was actually alot harder putting it back in! Anyway, I felt very proud for completing that first task and I cant wait till I have more time to pull out and clean the pipes. I'm so glad I have all of you kind and helpful people that give all this amazing information out for free. I wish you all the best!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , rrod , Brock
RE: Newbe Blog
Congrats. Its a great feeling doing things hands on. You can easily write in your savings log $300 saved by doing that yourself.
Any shop nowadays $120+ per hr, 1 hr minimum for diagnostics and 1.5 hrs to get part, replace it, and shop supply charge. Never forget the f'in shop supply charge...

What year, truck and engine are you starting your new adventure with?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: lonestar16 , rrod , redbeard , Waterloo
RE: Newbe Blog
Awesome! I have a 2010 Peterbilt 386 with a Cummins Isx, the exact same engine on rawze's 1st series on the egr tune up, I love it! Its had 1 owner since it was brand new and it's in great shape as far as i can tell.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod , Waterloo , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.