My Cat rod bearings...
06-25-2018, (Subject: My Cat rod bearings... ) 
RE: My Cat rod bearings...

Top rod bearings
Bottom rod cap bearings
Left to right 1,2,3,4,5,6

Number 3 cap bearing has some real bad scratching/flaking on it

What surprises me most is how beat to crap and uneven these are.....

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Definitely something wrong here...is this tuned? If so by whom?
replyreply
Unilever's did this one. I've been updating a thread of mine over at ttr, some one there mentioned that with my blown head gasket I probably had coolant in my oil which could cause havoc on the bearings...

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
06-26-2018, (Subject: My Cat rod bearings... ) 
Coolant intrusion will certainly make the crank bearings show copper quite quickly, but ...

It looks to me like someone did a crappy job cleaning the engine and keeping the bearings clean when they were put in the last time. Cleanliness is everything. That #3 bearing was not chewed up by the crank, it was dirt contamination of some sort. When you look at it, #2 is quite bas as well.

It also looks like the bearings have rusted at some point. - Are you sure they were not rusty when they were installed? - Maybe road salt got in during a filter replacement at some point?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
06-26-2018, (Subject: My Cat rod bearings... ) 
I was wondering this as well, probably hard to see from the pic but there are some scratches that run sideways across the bearings. Only way I could see that happening is if there was contamination.

I can chalk most up to coolant or bad mechanic but number 1 cap uneven wear and number 5 rod wear have me wondering..

All I can do is measure everything when I put it back together real good and plastiguage it and hope that the crank isn't warped at all...

replyreply
07-24-2018, (Subject: My Cat rod bearings... ) 
What’s the engin prefix? Was the tune done recently? Just wondering if there was a odd injector trim or someone installed a larger one in just 1 hole. I think the 6nz and previous there several injectors that can be put in for more/ less fuel
replyreply
07-25-2018, (Subject: My Cat rod bearings... ) 
Mine is a SDP.

replyreply
I am not overly concerned with most of them, I'll measure when I reinstall everything but I'm still very concerned about number 1

replyreply
Ohh [/i]I think I remember the pictures of this getting overhauled not to look my ago is that the same one?[i]
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.