871 rough idle high egt
06-24-2018, (Subject: 871 rough idle high egt ) 
871 rough idle high egt
Friend of mine just bought a truck from a dealer, they just installed a reman head and injectors. When you fire it up, it sounds like your cold starting it in winter time for the first bit... sounds like crap and runs the same till it warms up.

Also has some real high egt, pulling trains hes 1100 degrees.

Demandate

Did not replace exhaust pressure sensor so I told him to get that done asap. I've ran all the typical cutout test and turbo tests and they seem fine..

Thoughts?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
RE: 871 rough idle high egt
Air in fuel, worn fuel actuators, boost leaks, low fuel pressure.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , Brock
What signature said and bad injectors can cause some of those issues too. Prolly start with looking for bubbles in the fuel filter and leaks along the fuel lines and fittings from the tanks all the way to the fueling block. From there id check my actuators out (rawze has a vidyo on inspecting and cleaning those, do urself a favor and replace the metal gaskets when u take em off.) While those are off do a bubble test on the injectors (rawze has a vidyo on that too, the mans a vidyo makin guru, the next top dog in hollywood) my truck had multiple bad actuators, and multiple bad injectors that showed their faces after demandating, all that emissions equipment masks so many really bad problems in these engines.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Brock , Signature620
I did the Injector cutout and ran front and rear bank separate to check actuators but that's about it, I'll let him know to get a few more tests done on her.

Side note, has anyone come up with a decently priced actuator test kit besides the expensive cummins one?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
The injector bubble test? U can either find a machine shop to build u one or may can shoot rawze a few bucks to print one.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.