adding jakes to isx
06-24-2018, (Subject: adding jakes to isx ) 
adding jakes to isx
looking at 2004 9200i international with isx engine #79025530 cpl8287. Took this # to cummins dealer and they said engine was built without engine brakes. Is it possible to add jakes to this engine? I went to cummins parts online and see that it uses the same head, cam, and rockers as the integrated jake brake engines do (I used engine #79016667 cpl8287, it has jakes). I see they use different rocker shafts along with different exhaust bridges. I see used complete jake rocker arm shafts with all rockers and wiring harness anywhere from $700 to $1200 online. Would the ecm also have to be programmed? I would also have to add the cab switches. Anything else? thanks.
replyreply
06-25-2018, (Subject: adding jakes to isx ) 
RE: adding jakes to isx
There should just be spacers where the jake rockers would go. You'll need 6 jake rockers, the internal harness, 3 jake solenoids and their mouting brackets, the rocker shafts may be different, ECM just needs engine brakes enabled, 6 exhaust valve bridges, 6 top hats (sit inside one end of each exh valve bridge.

Seems very strange for an automotive ISX to be built without jakes.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: cowhater , Rawze
06-25-2018, (Subject: adding jakes to isx ) 
RE: adding jakes to isx
By looking at the parts diagram pictures, I'm thinking the jake shafts have the extra oil port running through them to actuate the jake rockers?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.