need help (steer tire advice)
06-27-2018, (Subject: need help (steer tire advice) ) 
need help (steer tire advice)
just had a steartire blow out n the shop i called only have 275 but i had 295 on it now if i buy 2 275 would that mess up anything or should i keep calling around tell i fine the 295
replyreply
RE: need help
What size doyo have on the drive's?
I would say, stay with the same size you have on the drive's. The difference between the 275vs 295 is the 275 is smaller in diameter.
Just my 2 cents

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
i have 295 75 22.5 on my steer now but one just went out on me in it time for new ones but the shop i called for steer tires only have 275 75 22.5not sure what to do
replyreply
(06-27-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  just had a steartire blow out n the shop i called only have 275 but i had 295 on it now if i buy 2 275 would that mess up anything or should i keep calling around tell i fine the 295
What is the aspect ration on old and new tire. 275 is tire width.
replyreply
The 275 will be a Michelin while the 295 will be a not Michelin. The overall diameter difference is only about 1/10" on two brand new tires.

A few years ago I had a mechanic fail my bi annual inspection because I had 275 and 295 tires on the same axle end. The thing that pissed me off was all the tire manufacturers say that if the tires are within 1/4" diameter they are considered matched good enough to be at the same axle end. My odd tires were within 1/4" circumference but that didn't matter to him, had to buy a couple of tires and move a few others around to make him happy.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
(06-27-2018 )kryten Wrote:  The 275 will be a Michelin while the 295 will be a not Michelin. The overall diameter difference is only about 1/10" on two brand new tires.

A few years ago I had a mechanic fail my bi annual inspection because I had 275 and 295 tires on the same axle end. The thing that pissed me off was all the tire manufacturers say that if the tires are within 1/4" diameter they are considered matched good enough to be at the same axle end. My odd tires were within 1/4" circumference but that didn't matter to him, had to buy a couple of tires and move a few others around to make him happy.

the steer tires i have now r 295 75 22.5 goodyear but the shop im at only have 275 80 22.5 bf goodwreanch ...would i be o if i replace both steer tire or call around in fine the same size i have on here now..
replyreply
275-75 is too small. Not really good to drive long time because it affect frame and rear ends position. You can single drive axle and limp to the next available place to fix. Just drive slower.
Where you are sitting?
replyreply
(06-27-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  275-75 is too small. Not really good to drive long time because it affect frame and rear ends position. You can single drive axle and limp to the next available place to fix. Just drive slower.
Where you are sitting?

the tires r on my steer axle ....
replyreply
(06-27-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  
(06-27-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  275-75 is too small. Not really good to drive long time because it affect frame and rear ends position. You can single drive axle and limp to the next available place to fix. Just drive slower.
Where you are sitting?

the tires r on my steer axle ....
I understand. But frame height on the rears changes too if frame is not even to the ground level
replyreply
 Thanks given by: lonestar16

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.