ISX coolant temperature go higher the normal
06-28-2018, (Subject: ISX coolant temperature go higher the normal ) 
ISX coolant temperature go higher the normal
Recently I noticed that the coolant temp go higher then normal
And fan doesn't kick until above 200 degrees
Normally my temp stays at 170
When I unplugged the solenoid the fan starts high speed right away
Any idea that the solenoid might going bad?
2010 peterbilt 387
ISX 871
replyreply
RE: ISX coolant temperature go higher the normal
The fan is one thing the system another clean radiator change themostat check or change fuild sometimes it's the pump or like you said the fan system less not forget electrical
replyreply
Unless someone changed the thermostat it should run 180-185 on flat level ground and the fan is programmed to come on at 210...anything other than those values means someone has changed something.
replyreply
06-29-2018, (Subject: ISX coolant temperature go higher the normal ) 
If you work in a really dirty area or a lot of miles on the radiator. It could be plugged with dirt and bugs. Visually check front and back. You should be able to see daylight thru all the condenser, CAC and Radiator.
Also what you describe, sounds like the thermostat may be starting to go bad. Mine did the same thing really slow over time and it was hard to notice till the fan was kicking on really fast going up hills and would also do it when truck was still warming up. It wouldn't hurt to change it if it's been in awhile.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Signature620 , Rawze
(06-29-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  If you work in a really dirty area or a lot of miles on the radiator. It could be plugged with dirt and bugs. Visually check front and back. You should be able to see daylight thru all the condenser, CAC and Radiator.
Also what you describe, sounds like the thermostat may be starting to go bad. Mine did the same thing really slow over time and it was hard to notice till the fan was kicking on really fast going up hills and would also do it when truck was still warming up. It wouldn't hurt to change it if it's been in awhile.

Thermostat is two years old
The cleanliness of radiator is questionable
Relatively this change was quick response
replyreply
I have a demandated cm2250 Volvo. During the winter I am seeing 165 170 degree coolant temps and they never rise even puling a hill during the wnter. During a hot summer day it rises to maybe 200 210 before fan kicks on when pulling a hill. Is this about right? thought of changing to a hot thermostat as I only haul in the upper midwest and Dakotas. Seems like invthe winter it really really REALLY struggles on the very cold days.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
06-30-2018, (Subject: ISX coolant temperature go higher the normal ) 
I've had the same issue on mine last week while climing a hill it went hotter than normal, changed thermostat and cleaned the radiator and man let me tell you that thing was plugged up with dirt and bugs after that truck came back to normal temperatures, so you may consider cleaning your radiator and 2 years on that thermostat i think you should replace it
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.