In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance
04-13-2016, (Subject: In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance ) 
RE: In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance
(04-13-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  Maybe a dozen rose's for the wife, and a reminder that you still love her, may help.

She will see right through that! I don't think she likes me much anymore... Sure don't feel welcome around here... At least the dogs still like me, about the only thing that keeps me around. LOL! I'll be back to work and fill the bank accounts and she should be happy... I just need this truck to run for awhile without breaking down.
replyreply
(04-13-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-13-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  Maybe a dozen rose's for the wife, and a reminder that you still love her, may help.

She will see right through that! I don't think she likes me much anymore... Sure don't feel welcome around here... At least the dogs still like me, about the only thing that keeps me around. LOL!

You're brave man . Obviously you're hurt . Obviously she doesn't understand that you're doing what you're doing in the name of better future and happily ever after for both of you . Always be sure you guys are on the same page , understand each other and willing to make reasonable compromises . Talking with 30 yrs. marriage with my only wife, and counting.
replyreply
You likely already have the latest calibration if you did @m*m^2 with .99cfg file, don't believe there any further revisions.. At least not the last few discs I've seen.
replyreply
(04-13-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  My motor is coming along, hopefully be up and running by Friday this week. But, here is the question the owner of the dealership has asked me, and I don't know the answer.

When they near the end of the in-frame, they normally do their thing on the ECM with a clean program and whatever else they do. I have the @m*m^2 on there, and do not know how to proceed? I was going to ask Unilever to do a fine tune on her, but what do I tell, or allow the dealer to do? They know about the MM. Need some guidance here.

Tell them no need to reprogram the ecm,also on break-in Idle as little as possible Grab a loaded trailer the heavier the better and get her on a hill the longer the hill the better keep the rpm around 1500 and just work it just too make sure the rings set. always has worked for me .........
replyreply
(04-13-2016 )mkmac Wrote:  
(04-13-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  My motor is coming along, hopefully be up and running by Friday this week. But, here is the question the owner of the dealership has asked me, and I don't know the answer.

When they near the end of the in-frame, they normally do their thing on the ECM with a clean program and whatever else they do. I have the @m*m^2 on there, and do not know how to proceed? I was going to ask Unilever to do a fine tune on her, but what do I tell, or allow the dealer to do? They know about the MM. Need some guidance here.

Tell them no need to reprogram the ecm,also on break-in Idle as little as possible Grab a loaded trailer the heavier the better and get her on a hill the longer the hill the better keep the rpm around 1500 and just work it just too make sure the rings set. always has worked for me .........

Will do, plenty of Honda motors to haul out of Detroit down to Indiana... About the only freight going right now.
replyreply
Hang in there Waterloo, thing work out in the end as they always do. there is always a rock in the road just to test the suspension :) just have to get working like i did after the big fix. it takes time to get your feet under your self again but you'll get there. :)
replyreply
boost seats piston rings

get er done!
replyreply
04-14-2016, (Subject: In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance ) 
Setting the head today. And yes, it does have the new model pistons. Transmission and new clutch are all installed, I'll go check on her tomorrow. So far sounding good, no surprises. Fingers are crossed!
replyreply
04-14-2016, (Subject: In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance ) 
(04-14-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  Setting the head today. And yes, it does have the new model pistons. Transmission and new clutch are all installed, I'll go check on her tomorrow. So far sounding good, no surprises. Fingers are crossed!
After few thousand open the valve cover for visual inspection of cam bearings.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.