In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance
04-13-2016, (Subject: In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance ) 
RE: In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance
(04-13-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(04-13-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  My motor is coming along, hopefully be up and running by Friday this week. But, here is the question the owner of the dealership has asked me, and I don't know the answer.

When they near the end of the in-frame, they normally do their thing on the ECM with a clean program and whatever else they do. I have the @m*m^2 on there, and do not know how to proceed? I was going to ask Unilever to do a fine tune on her, but what do I tell, or allow the dealer to do? They know about the MM. Need some guidance here.
I'm curios what they want to do?
What actually shop can do with Insite related to in frame - reset faulty codes, reset DPF.
Are you sure they not want to lure you in situation to drop warranty.

The shop owner asked me the other day about flashing the ECM, putting the latest software on there and making sure that I did not want them to do that. I told him no, just leave it alone. But, it was fine to use Insite to set up the new Turbo and do anything test wise, just don't get into Calterm and play with the programing. He seemed cool with that. I just wanted to be sure this is the correct course on my end to take. This is my first rodeo on this in frame stuff, and figured it was a good question to ask. I don't see him trying to weasel out of any warranty, this reflash is a part of their in frame service and is typically done. Like I said, just don't mess with the programming, resetting codes is fine.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance - Waterloo - 04-13-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.