In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance
04-13-2016, (Subject: In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance ) 
RE: In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance
(04-13-2016 )Signature620 Wrote:  That just sounds like salesman talk for updating the calibration to the latest revision. There's no reason at all to touch the calibration if it was stable before the rebuild & the shop is putting all your block off plates back where they were.

No plates on my baby.... Calibration is good, but I still want it fine tuned to get the most out of her, which I will do. And no, he was not selling anything, just wanted to make sure what the plan was going to be when we get to that point where they hook up the laptop.

The reason I asked, is because I was not 100% sure with what goes on when one of these motors are rebuilt. This is my first rodeo and only want to have to do this once. This is very stressful for me, hurting my marriage and finances like no other truck I have owned has. Over the past two years it has sucked us dry, an unreliable bucket of bolts. First it was the EGR system and then I found Rawze, which saved me then. And then the head gasket failed this year, along with allot of other parts and pieces due to just wearing out.

I try to do as much work as I can on her, but I am no mechanic and yet have invested quite a bit in tools and test equipment. This is not the trucking I am used to doing. The days of changing the oil and filters along with regular greasing and general mainteance are long gone. Now I need to wear an engineering and mechanics hat to keep the truck on the road. This has not been a pleasant ownership experience.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In-frame, what to do with ECM? Need guidance - Waterloo - 04-13-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.