9200i dashboard disco
06-29-2018, (Subject: 9200i dashboard disco ) 
9200i dashboard disco
Hi all, I have an interesting problem I'm hoping someone can assist with. We have an Iveco 9200i that for the last few runs the dash goes crazy, all gauges point to the floor the engine warning lamps all start to flash the warning beeping starts the speedo and taco also point to the floor.

HISTORY: For the past few months we have been trying to resolve an ABS error on this truck that keeps showing up intermittently its always the same error L/H rear sensor fault. I've replaced the sensor without success Ive checked all wiring and found nothing, I even weakened and took it to a auto elec and he told me to change the L/H sensor again, which I reluctantly did and still no joy. So I put the truck on single trailer work until I could resolve the ABS issue.

Then a few days ago the dash went psycho, the truck still runs perfect its just the dash thats stuffed, I did some reading and found the ABS unit could possibly cause this so I removed the ABS relay and the dash was fine replaced the relay the dash went crazy, so finding this and having another 9200i available I swapped the ABS ecu units over thinking I've got it sorted but NO still does exactly the same thing so its not the ABS unit and I'm out of ideas.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.
replyreply
06-29-2018, (Subject: 9200i dashboard disco ) 
RE: 9200i dashboard disco
Possibly moisture problem from a leaky windshield seal.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
06-30-2018, (Subject: 9200i dashboard disco ) 
Also might want to pull the tires and brake drum off that axle that is faulting and check backlash of hub. It should be less than 0.004" play and less than 0.002" play if you don't want inside tire edge wear.

Most of these newer axles out here need a re-torque of the bearings every 250k miles or so. Many people neglect this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-30-2018, (Subject: 9200i dashboard disco ) 
Not familiar with Iveco9200i, but I would check your can network with the abs module plugged in and with it off, it sound like its bringing it down when abs is communicating. Wiring integrity from Abs module to the backbone. The abs sensor receives bias voltage from the module to check its integrity, check the wiring for the abs sensor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.