Ac Compressor Explosion
06-29-2018, (Subject: Ac Compressor Explosion ) 
Ac Compressor Explosion

Has anyone ever seen a compressor explode?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
06-29-2018, (Subject: Ac Compressor Explosion ) 
RE: Ac Compressor Explosion
Just did. That's a first.

Did it just do it out of the blue or did it give you some sort of warning?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
06-30-2018, (Subject: Ac Compressor Explosion ) 
OOUCH!. I guess it could have been worse and taken out the radiator.

That also looks like an after-market brand of compressor too?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Looks like it seized up and instead of slipping and shredding a belt it grabbed and ripped the front off.
replyreply
(06-29-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  Just did. That's a first.

Did it just do it out of the blue or did it give you some sort of warning?

No warning. Parked for the night in Texarkana, and heard a loud noise. Found the clutch, on the other side atop the fan blade's

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(06-30-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  OOUCH!. I guess it could have been worse and taken out the radiator.

That also looks like an after-market brand of compressor too?.

Yes, I was lucky it did not take out the radiator. I went ahead and pulled the radiator, for cleaning. Also have a leaking fan clutch, and will replace it as well. Discovered the cac is not oem, so I ordered a paccar.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
07-01-2018, (Subject: Ac Compressor Explosion ) 
Holy Crap!!! Now you have me worried! What is the service life of an AC compressor??

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
07-01-2018, (Subject: Ac Compressor Explosion ) 
Those OTR compressor's are FleetPride junk. I've never been impressed by anything OTR. Spend the money and buy the OEM stuff. Do a google search and you'll find better prices on it too.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.