air conditioner trouble
06-30-2018, (Subject: air conditioner trouble ) 
air conditioner trouble
i bought 2008 ,9200i. 15 months ago ,air conditioner did not work , jus trying to fix it now ,put new compressor on, new dryer, new expansion valve, new high an low switches on expansion valve ,new engine fan switch on high side line by compressor, 4lbs 134a, tried it out, compressor started,ran for a bit ,started to cool evaporator, than quit ,clutch kicks in every so often ,turns 1 revolution than stops , got voltage on both sides of temp. switch, cab fan is working, engine fan seems to run when it doesn't need to, engine not warm, an compressor not running, unplugged engine fan switch by compressor but still runs

User's Signature: willies way
replyreply
RE: air conditioner trouble
U have gauges to observe psi when the compressor kicks on and off? Did u flush the system? Did u pull a vacuum? Could be rapidly building psi from a clogged txv or simply a bad psi switch.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Chamberpains
I know on the ProStar it calls for 3 lbs of refrigerant... Wondering if it is not overcharged?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Break down systems pump fan relay wiring charge did vac it read an charge by lbs an add proper amount of oil to much is as bad as not enough fill with compressor on an clutch in Gage
replyreply
Did you buy a compressor without oil or with oil? When I did mine it came prefilled with the proper amount of oil. To ensure you put back just what is needed you are supposed to drain the old compressor and new compressor then add back just what came out of tyr old compressor to the new compressor. You may be overfilled on oil which will cause instant high psi and cause the limit switch to trip. Remember fluids are not compressible.
replyreply
07-01-2018, (Subject: air conditioner trouble ) 
Ya, this has high pressure problems written all over it and 4lbs is a little much. Call the dealership and ask what its supposed to be. My 9400i uses roughly 3.5lbs but I use the gauges to fill till its reading correctly.
replyreply
07-01-2018, (Subject: air conditioner trouble ) 
thanks for info, 4lbs was a bit much ,took sum out works fine ,

User's Signature: willies way
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.