Your opinion!
07-05-2018, (Subject: Your opinion! ) 
Your opinion!
Hello everyone!

I'am having hard time to decide on which route to take...
Recently my truck got on fire at the truck stop, from other truck that was parked next to me, and now I'am looking to replace it. It was a 2010 Prostar, CM871.

Should I keep going with a CM871, 2011 and under, or should I go with CM2250,CM2350 newer trucks?

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
replyreply
RE: Your opinion!
Stick with CM871
replyreply
 Thanks given by: zero4
I vote 871.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
Given a choice I would have kept my 871
replyreply
07-06-2018, (Subject: Your opinion! ) 
I look at it on a long term profit basis...

* The CM2250 and CM2350 have ZERO fuel mileage gains above a CM871.

* The CM2250 and CM2350 have higher operating and maintenence costs long term than a CM871.

* Newer trucks are NOT any more aero efficient than a prostar or cascadia.

I.E> Anything NEWER than an 871 costs more money to run and keep going long term,.. yet there are no gains that make up for this fact, only higher expenses.

so.. 871 wins in my book too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-06-2018, (Subject: Your opinion! ) 
I like my 871. Its a hell of a tough engine when tuned correctly, Just cant stand diagnosing injector issues on it. I think itd be one bad ass engine with common rail injection but without a grenade for an injector pump.
replyreply
07-07-2018, (Subject: Your opinion! ) 
I will definitely go with cm871, after reading all the stories about these new engines. Thanks guys for your input and opening my eyes.
The only thing bothers me, it will be really hard to find a decent truck. Been looking all over the internet, either price or worn-out trucks.
replyreply
There one for sale with a fresh inframe on here, and the term worn out is subjective. Mines over 850k and far from worn out. I know rawze is over a million on his and is in good shape. I've seen 2016 trucks with 200k on them that look and run like crap.
replyreply
Worn out is a very subjective diagnosis. History and the ability to prove it and it's current state of health would almost mean everything other than taking the head off to look myself. Fuel consumption alone if they have a trustworthy (IFTA or similar) record. A high MPG 7+ truck with verifiable maintenance history and oil samples would make me quiet myself and tell them to receiveth my funds over one without, even with a "fresh overhaul with 300k on it"
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.