Looking to purchase first truck! HELP
07-08-2018, (Subject: Looking to purchase first truck! HELP ) 
RE: Looking to purchase first truck! HELP
379's and W900's are both nothing but fuel pigs on the highway. They do no good in highway applications except to stroke the ego of the poor bastards who would rather give more of their paycheck to the oil companies than to make a decent dollar. Trucks like Cascadia, T700, Prostar are meant for high profitability on the highways running typical freight. -- On the other hand, you can't take a cascadia or prostar off into the woods/off roads, they will fall apart. A W9 or 379 is not a bad choice if it is going to be off-roads and being beaten up by tree equipment, loaders, etc. Gear it for 55 - 60 mph (3.79's, 4.12's, etc.) for best profitability on those clunky antique road-show beasts. A T600 is sort-of in between these in some ways, but it would depend on how it is spec'd.

Consider that in you application,.. and BTW: -- the "guys in it for 40 years" tend to be set in their ways, have terrible driving habits, like big hoods that waste fuel and live mostly in yesteryear, can't stand anything new and will give you just as bad advice as anyone else.

Trucking is very different today than it has ever been in the past. You need to be willing to do a lot of work on your equipment yourself, spec it for the intended task and learn to make newer equipment work for you and not against you. That is why older drivers hate them,.. god forbid someone might have to learn to keep after newer, more efficient, equipment that yields a higher profit margin,.. Lazy and complaining about new stuff is much easier.

you keep saying "cat" and 12.7's -- that is fine and well, but cat replacement parts are getting to the point where parts just plain suck for them, and the 12.7's are in the same boat. If you don't want a dinosaur, then ISX it is, nothing wrong with them if you aren't going to be one of the droves of dumbarsse steering-wheel holders who refuses to maintain and keep after it. ALL newer engines are this way, there just happens to be more info out there on the ISX's,... my forum being one of them.

I would suggest starting by reading through this forum all you can and if you started telling others that I was your "advisor" like you have those other people you have been referring to, it would piss me off. -- I AM NO ONE'S "ADVISOR", it is a narcissistic statement to call someone that if they are not working for you as an employee, that were their not actual job title, or are not part of some legal representation in a court case. -- You ask a question on here, I will tell you what I think, the good, the bad, almost always opinionated, and it maybe even be incorrect,.. but I will still say it, that is why I created this place. If it helps someone along in their journey then that is the goal, nothing more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , zero4 , Oldad6150 , DDB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking to purchase first truck! HELP - Rawze - 07-08-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.