radiator leaking
07-09-2018, (Subject: radiator leaking ) 
radiator leaking
2008 kw t660,cm871,1300000 miles ,100000 miles on rebuild and demandated at mr haggs.Over last couple of days I have been loosing a quart of coolant every night,450 miles on my run.I got back this morning at around 5am when it was dark and with my flashlight I climbed up and tried to look cause I could smell coolant when engine fan was on.There was coolant along the top of the radiator in the front.Not sure yet if its the hose on top,or the neck,or there is a small hose in the front of the reservoir that goes down the front,or could the radiator itself have a break in to top front seam.Anybody have any experience like this?I called a couple kw dealerships and one said no inventory at all in any warehouse and one said orlando has one for 1511.00.anyone tried any aftermarket ones with any luck?thanks

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
RE: radiator leaking
You will probably find this hard to believe, but I just had my radiator cleaned, inside and out. The radiator shop found a hairline crack, on the top plate. It is easy to replace, once removed from the surrounding frame. And yes, mine is a 2010 t660. Just like your's. Radiator shop, said it is common for the top plate to crack, since it made of plastic.
Btw, there is a small hose that goe's from the front of radiator to the reservoir.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Pressurize the radiator to 20-psi and let it sit over night. Look for the leak the next day.

You should also consider replacing the pressure relief cap if it is old, they sometimes stick and cause hose and radiator failures.

if no external leaks? -- Pull the oil pan and do it again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-09-2018 )hhow55 Wrote:  You will probably find this hard to believe, but I just had my radiator cleaned, inside and out. The radiator shop found a hairline crack, on the top plate. It is easy to replace, once removed from the surrounding frame. And yes, mine is a 2010 t660. Just like your's. Radiator shop, said it is common for the top plate to crack, since it made of plastic.
Btw, there is a small hose that goe's from the front of radiator to the reservoir.
Did you take it out of metal frame and if so huh ow hard was it.Did it come out of the top?

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
The radiator shop disassembled the unit.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flonly

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.