Differential lock inop
07-11-2018, (Subject: Differential lock inop ) 
RE: Differential lock inop
(07-11-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  On most trucks, the diff lock only enforces the drive-shaft to spin from the front diff to the rear diff. Has nothing to do with forcing both tires to spin on the same axle. With it off, only one tire spinning will make you get stuck. with it on, it takes one tire at each of the axles to make you get stuck. They are typically referred to as a "inter-axle" lock.

They do make diff locks that enforce both tires to spin on the same axle, but most highway trucks do not have this option. They are typically referred to as an actual "differential" lock, "double", or Positive traction" lock.
Rawze is correct its like locking in 4X4, in general most trucks in normal driving send power to back axle and it will go to side with least traction, engage the inter=lock and it sends power to both axles but only to tires with least traction (not side dependant) if you have the double diff lock this locks all 8 tires and some trucks you can separate (front axle is locked-rear axle is locked or both) just a note in general you can not turn with all axles locked, I use it in extreme conditions (hopefully before i'm stuck) and release the locker as soon as possible but leave in the interlock until I'm sure I'm not stuck. Sometimes you can dump the air valve on suspension and it changes where the axles are allowing the truck to touch one of the tires to the ground in order to move forward or back.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Differential lock inop - imalumberjack - 07-11-2018
RE: Differential lock inop - Unilevers - 07-12-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.