Let's play that game...'WTF is this?!?'
07-12-2018, (Subject: Let's play that game...'WTF is this?!?' ) 
Let's play that game...'WTF is this?!?'
Fuel gauge was acting a bit off today...it kept acting like it wasnt sure what was in the fuel tank. I decided to visually check my fuel levels, since I've seen this before when my crossover valve stuck. I find this in the bottom of the driver's side tank...

Truck still runs fine. Is that part of the pickup?? It looks like it might have broken off...which could have been due to the bent driveshaft that was in the truck when I got it, two years ago...[attachment=4036][attachment=4036]

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: Let's play that game...'WTF is this?!?'
Closest I can tell is maybe part of the fuel sending unit...but I can't find an close enough picture of the one for my truck, and I haven't been inside of the tanks personally to know...

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
That is a piece that goes in fuel filler neck to keep fuel from being stolen out of fuel tank a hose won't go in tank to suck out fuel[/align]
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
It is an anti syphoning gizmo. There is supposed to be a lip on the open end that catches the lip on the tank opening. The tabs on the side are supposed to catch the filler neck and prevent it from being removed when they are extended.

https://www.raneystruckparts.com/freight...on-device/

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
I was wondering that too... But there isn't one on the passenger tank, and it was smaller than the filler hole...I pulled it out with a clothes hanger.

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
Ah, I see what is going on...it looks like someone at one time tried to install one but it was for the wrong kind of truck. Must have fell in or broke because it was alot smaller than the filler neck. Lol jeez...

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.