Emissions Clean
07-17-2018, (Subject: Emissions Clean ) 
Emissions Clean
I’m wondering if anyone has gone to Pittsburgh Power and had their emissions cleanup. They put some kind of detergent through the engine, and it cleans the EGR, turbo, doser, sensors, DPF, Ect... they charge like $2k for this. Was wondering peoples thoughts on this.
replyreply
RE: Emissions Clean
I would do myself and save that money Rawze has given step by step and it Is simple I had mine done in like 4 hrs. I’ll keep my moneys but anything is worth a shot
replyreply
Snds like youd be better off givin me 2 grand and we drink beer and fix ur truck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Kid Rock
There is no such magic potion. Not anything is worth a shot. A lot of things are a waste and a lot of things are dangerous.
Save the 2 grand and buy some wrenches, rags, a couple spray solvents and get your hands dirty.
Jorg, it looks like you're searching for the lazy way out of learning something that will serve you very well in the future. You bought a truck and run it. Why won't you take the time to learn how to maintain it? It may seem overwhelming when you look at it all at 1 time... So stop that. Learn 1 small thing and do it. Then learn another when you get time.
If you run into problems, questions or find something new, we're here to help and learn with you. The majority of us have been in your exact spot more than a hand full of times.
Stop being scared or lazy or whatever lame reason your using to not do this tune up yourself. The knowledge to do it is free!! You learned how to turn a steering wheel at 60 mph. Now learn how to turn a wrench while standing still. Its much easier and safer.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Oldad6150 , Jorg81 , Rawze , BobsYourUncle
Or get in touch with one the guys on here and get it cleaned with a chisel, thats my personal favorite.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jorg81
(07-17-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Or get in touch with one the guys on here and get it cleaned with a chisel, thats my personal favorite.

I know what you're referring to but for some reason I pictured in my head at 1st, someone throwing a chizel in the engine while it was running and walking away saying "now its fixed"
replyreply
Lmao. Thats prty damn funny.
replyreply
(07-17-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Snds like youd be better off givin me 2 grand and we drink beer and fix ur truck.

I’m willing to pay someone who knows more than me to help me do some stuff so I can learn.
replyreply
(07-17-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  There is no such magic potion. Not anything is worth a shot. A lot of things are a waste and a lot of things are dangerous.
Save the 2 grand and buy some wrenches, rags, a couple spray solvents and get your hands dirty.
Jorg, it looks like you're searching for the lazy way out of learning something that will serve you very well in the future. You bought a truck and run it. Why won't you take the time to learn how to maintain it? It may seem overwhelming when you look at it all at 1 time... So stop that. Learn 1 small thing and do it. Then learn another when you get time.
If you run into problems, questions or find something new, we're here to help and learn with you. The majority of us have been in your exact spot more than a hand full of times.
Stop being scared or lazy or whatever lame reason your using to not do this tune up yourself. The knowledge to do it is free!! You learned how to turn a steering wheel at 60 mph. Now learn how to turn a wrench while standing still. Its much easier and safer.

I am definitely not lazy. I want to be able to do as much myself as possible. I don’t want to screw my truck up either though by doing something I know very little about. I learn fast when someone shows me how to do something, but not as well when I just read about something. I’m trying to take care of my truck the very best I can though, so me not knowing any better, I thought maybe the professional cleaning was the way to go. However, I came across Rawzes you tube videos and found this site and I wanted some opinions before I wasted my money. And I’m glad I did. I saw the video on the EGR tuneup, but that was on a CM 871 I believe. Mine is a 2350 so I’m not sure how much different it is. I feel like my best investment would be to spend a day or so with someone like Rawze or someone else on here that could help me along a little. I don’t want to be missing things that I should be maintain just because I don’t know about them either. I’ve studied my maintenance schedule in my manual but it doesn’t even cover stuff like EGR tune, or replacing sensors, Ect.... I am coming along a little given I knew nothing about trucks not too long ago. I appreciate this site and all of the people who contribute to helping people like me.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.