Emissions Clean
07-22-2018, (Subject: Emissions Clean ) 
RE: Emissions Clean
About 4 years ago I had the shop that I have do all my work do a complete egr tune up to the letter of what RAWZE prescribes. Every single sensor, egr valve, doser injector, was replaced with new. All plumbing that had anything to do with emission system was removed and put into a machine he has that with chemicals boils whatever you put in there it comes out looking new even the paint is removed. Repainted piping. Since that work was done I have not had a single check engine light on since. Not once. Cost me $4000. While he did it I played golf.
replyreply
(07-22-2018 )volvo126 Wrote:  About 4 years ago I had the shop that I have do all my work do a complete egr tune up to the letter of what RAWZE prescribes. Every single sensor, egr valve, doser injector, was replaced with new. All plumbing that had anything to do with emission system was removed and put into a machine he has that with chemicals boils whatever you put in there it comes out looking new even the paint is removed. Repainted piping. Since that work was done I have not had a single check engine light on since. Not once. Cost me $4000. While he did it I played golf.

I guess as long as it gets done one way or another that’s good. I want to be able to most of it myself though and save a lot of money
replyreply
(07-18-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You already are spending the days with Rawze and many other very knowledgeable people. That is this site. Its all free. Stop being scared and start small. Get on Cummins Quickserve and register your engine serial number.
https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html
It will have more info than you'll probably ever use. Start by learning where and what sensors are on your engine. Then learn what and where emissions components are on your engine. Then come back to this site or Rawzes YouTube videos and start pulling and cleaning piece by piece as you learn where things are. At your pace. On your time schedule. You can do many of these things in parking lots while your loading or taking your 10 hr break or 34 hr reset. It doesn't have to be done all in 1 day. Do just 1 sensor or tube or clamp or filter 1 day then maybe when you gain more confidence go back and try another 1 another day.

I registered on quickserve. I’m trying to navigate the site. I did find my engine diagrams. The pictures are not great but I can at least kind of get the locations of things. Now I need to figure out what to do to each sensor and part. Today I did clean my IMAP sensor. I want to do the whole EGR tuneup eventually. It’s all new to me so I’m trying to just watch as many videos and read as much as possible.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.