New job coming up lease purchase.
07-17-2018, (Subject: New job coming up lease purchase. ) 
New job coming up lease purchase.
I'm moving to another carrier and I'm going with their lease purchase. Equipment will be a 2010 to 2015 KW t660. Isx and 10 SPD transmissions. Any advice on things to look for upon initial inspection?
I already know to thoroughly check tires, brakes, leaks...(exhaust and fluid). Heat wear around the turbo. Melted wires..
cm2250 and 2350: scorched paint around the center of the cylinder head where it meets the valve cover spun bearing indicator...
Just don't want to miss anything important that I'm not thinking of. Thank you in advance
replyreply
RE: New job coming up lease purchase.
-Excessive oil leaks which could be a sign of blowby and crankcase pressure or a bad compressor...
-if the IMAP, delta-P and other emissions sensors are red, they haven't been replaced.
-see if the doser appears to have ever been replaced.
-other unpainted or repainted parts that stand out as a hint of recent work done...head, turbo, etc...
-is it noisy at idle?
-dpf/doc been off recently or been replaced?
-flywheel housing or rear main leaks.
-is the CEL on?
-low coolant level without an external leak or evidence of oil in the coolant, etc
...don't plan on good things if emissions parts are missing or if there are aftermarket parts installed!

I'm sure I'm missing tons considering I just shut down and I'm tired...other than that, pre trip it like your life depends on it.

I wouldn't even drive it home unless I pulled the IMAP to clean it. You can bet it's probably caked in soot if it's still mandated.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
(07-17-2018 )dw2000ta Wrote:  I'm moving to another carrier and I'm going with their lease purchase. Equipment will be a 2010 to 2015 KW t660. Isx and 10 SPD transmissions. Any advice on things to look for upon initial inspection?
I already know to thoroughly check tires, brakes, leaks...(exhaust and fluid). Heat wear around the turbo. Melted wires..
cm2250 and 2350: scorched paint around the center of the cylinder head where it meets the valve cover spun bearing indicator...
Just don't want to miss anything important that I'm not thinking of. Thank you in advance

READ MY BOOK (link at top) --- ESPECIALLY THE PARTS ON HOW TO SPOT A BAD LEASE DEAL in chapter 3, TRUCK INSPECTION (chapter-5), AND TRUCK MAINTENANCE SECTION (chapter-10)!.

http://rawze.com/book/The%20First%20Time...0Guide.pdf

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
07-24-2018, (Subject: New job coming up lease purchase. ) 
Thanks guys for the responses. Hopefully today or tomorrow I will get to inspect the possible candidates. Lots of info in that book and much appreciated. Thank you again
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.