60 mph
07-18-2018, (Subject: 60 mph ) 
60 mph
I'm starting from the bottom, really I'm starting in a really deep whole so I decided to start by conserving all the fuel I can. On my first run, which was yesterday, I put my cruise control on 60 mph. I ended up driving 715 miles on around 80 gallons of fuel. That's pretty good right??
replyreply
RE: 60 mph
The math comes out 8.93. I would say that is good. depends on the weight and where you at.
replyreply
Depends on what your pulling, how much weight it is and what your using to pull it with. 8.94 mpg is fantastic if your pulling 80,000lbs +. You can probably get better if you didn't use cruise control when you're confronted with ANY size hill. Cruise is often way to ambitious in trying to keep you at your set speed. Instead, use your foot to pull ANY kind of hill and don't worry about how fast you get up it. Just be concerned with how far you push the peddle down. The less the better for fuel mileage.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Ok thanks for the advice! Looking at my receipt, it was actually 62 gallons, my truck weighs 15k and I was pulling a 48k trailer. I will watch that cruise control!
replyreply
07-21-2018, (Subject: 60 mph ) 
Regarding the cruise, in insite you can set up a droop, CAT called it soft cruise, keeps it from going full throttle immediately when below set speed.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.