Cm870 550 hp egr problems
04-15-2016, (Subject: Cm870 550 hp egr problems ) 
Cm870 550 hp egr problems
Driving a 2007 t800 kw with cm870 475hp boosted up to 550hp. Truck not pulling like before seems like it lost power. Insite shows egr flow derate and have pretty much changed entire system and sensors but still nothing changed. Ive been running with egr unplugged because with it on water temps run high somewhere around 220-230 which im pretty sure isnt normal. When pulling itll hit those highs and will not cool down until i level out and even then fan will not turn off for about 30 min of flat roads. My mechanics suspect the cac but arent sure. With egr unplugged itll hit 210 at most and fan seems to operate normally. Any ideas on whats happening or experience with similar problems any feed would be helpful. Thanks!
replyreply
RE: Cm870 550 hp egr problems
FIRST!!! ---- YOU HAVE ALREADY STATED A VERY BIG POSSIBLE CAUSE!!!!----- YOU ARE NOT RUNNING THE CORRECT PROGRAM FOR YOUR ENGINE!!! --- PUT THE CORRECT PROGRAM FOR YOUR ENGINE BACK IN BEFORE YOU GO CHASING OTHER PROBLEMS!!!

STUPID MACHANICS THINK THAT THERE IS NO HARM IS PUTTING JUST ANY OLD PROGRAM INTO AN ENIGNE!--- WRONG!!!!!! ---- Every brand of truck has a different CAC and exhaust system, and YOUR ENGINE NEEDS TO BE PROGRAMMED FOR THAT PARTICULAR SYSTEM!!!! -- ALSO_!!! There is MORE THAN ONE TYPE OF INJECTOR -- AND IF YOU HAVE PUT A PROGRAM IN IT FOR THE WRONG INJECTORS!!!-- YOUR PROBLEMS WILL BE MANY! -- Overheating, improper boost, high oil temps, -- and possibly cracked head or pistons after a while!--

ALSO!!!---- The CM870's in particular HAVE NAMY DIFFERENT STATIC TIMING OFFSETS DEPENDING ON THE SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR ENGINE!!!--- AND THIS MEANS THAT A DIFFERENT PROGRAM WILL ABSOLUTELY CAUSE INJECTION MAPPING PROBLEMS!!!! Leading to the things you are describing!@---

LASTLY --- A 475 ISX HAD 45 DEGREE OFFSET INJECTORS!!! --- A FACTORY 550 PROGRAM HAS 47.5 DEGREE INJECTORS!!!--- YOU CANNOT USE A 550 PROGRAM IN A 475 --- IT WILL HAVE THE WRONG INJECTION MAPPINGS AND CAUSE FINAL CRANK ANGLE OFFSET PROBLEMS LIKE HIGHER THAN NORMAL OIL TEMPS, ETC.ETC.ETC. AND CAN POSSIBLY CAUSE OVERHEATING DAMAGE TO HEAD AND.OR PISTONS OVER TIME! -- Combine this problem WITH the fact that it may also have the wrong static timing offsets because it does not match your serial number engine,.. and guess what !--- YOU ARE very very likely to have A BAD TUNE THERE!.

=========================

START BY PUTTING THE RIGHT PROGRAM BACK INTO IT FIRST!!!!!!

=========================

People think that it does no harm to unplug the EGR on a CM870 without having the ECM re-programmed,.. but it is in fact harmful. The turbo suffers the most.

Unplugging EGR = air-flow derates and lower then normal boost. It derates and drops it to 28-32 PSI max instead of the required 36+ PSI the engine actually needs for proper power. Because of this, EGT's will run a bit higher, and turbo is always running hotter, though there is no sensor or codes for it. A Pyro gauge on the outside of the exhaust manifold like in my gauge instillation videos will typically reveal that it is very easy to get it to 900+ degrees (red-line temp) when pulling hills and that will shorten its lifepan.

======================

With this information well known and established,.. What you describe above does not make a lot of sense UNLESS IT IS THE WRONG PROGRAM FOR YOUR TRUCK YOU ARE RUNNING combined with other issues.

===================

You say you had EGR problems ...

Having the EGR ON and working properly will reduce turbo temps and usually EGT's as well because of proper boost and air-flow from the turbo.

ALSO ENSURE YOUR EGR COOLER IS WORKING PROPERLY! -- If it is not as thermal efficient as it should be because it is clogged with soot etc. or perhaps is one of those stupid after-market EGR coolers,... then it could be causing a lot of problems too.

Otherwise, have it re-programmed PROPERLY by Gearhead or Unilevers for the changes you have made by unplugging things.

===================

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
Pm me i will get you on the right track.
replyreply
(04-15-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  Pm me i will get you on the right track.

Im not sure what pm means.?
replyreply
Being in hawaii i think theres only one person that does the tuning locally with that being said i kinda assume that my mechanics believe he knows what hes doin. And yea truck originally came as a 475 hp but being that my truck pulls the heaviest loads my boss had it maxed out as far as tuning. Good? I guess not! When the truck was first tuned it was an animal no other truck could even keep up even with lighter loads but now its the other way around. It still has power but not like before. As far as the egr cooler its only about 5-6 months old. I have no pyro installed to monitor temps but do you think its more harmful running egr unplugged or plugged? Im just a driver for the company but its what i drive everyday and id like it to be in tip top shape to get my jobs done. So thats why i run it unplugged it seems to run better. Also in regards to ecm tune i should have them reset factory tune then try and troubleshoot? Any info greatly appreciated.
replyreply
Pm is private message. Gearhead can do it remotely as long as you have an Internet connection and insite
replyreply
(04-15-2016 )Erics diesel Wrote:  Pm is private message. Gearhead can do it remotely as long as you have an Internet connection and insite

How do you pm you? And my shop has insite but i think its like a lite version certain areas require a password or something.
replyreply
(04-15-2016 )808allstarr Wrote:  
(04-15-2016 )Erics diesel Wrote:  Pm is private message. Gearhead can do it remotely as long as you have an Internet connection and insite

How do you pm you? And my shop has insite but i think its like a lite version certain areas require a password or something.

Oohhh boy ..... Don't know how to put it on , but you have some reading to do . I apologize if I offended you with my statement. You'll see on top of the page INBOX . Go there and you would be able to write PM to whoever you want . Write name and type like e-mail . Then send and wait for response. Be sure you use PM option. E-mail option is not active (as far I know) .
replyreply
(04-15-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  FIRST!!! ---- YOU HAVE ALREADY STATED A VERY BIG POSSIBLE CAUSE!!!!----- YOU ARE NOT

A big big THANK YOU for taking time to put this precious educational information back here !!!!!!!It was missed greatly !!!!!! Thank You !!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.