top end set
07-24-2018, (Subject: top end set ) 
RE: top end set
(07-22-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  isx valves tighten, anyone who works on them would know this. As for the 45 punds booost, people are so stuck on this dam boost number. its about flow and physical amount of air through the engine. If i had 2 turbos that put 80lbs of air a minute through a engine, one did it at 50 psi and one did it at 25 psi the 50 psi turbo would blow the engine up and the 25 psi turbo would be awsome. yet everywhere you would go everyone would tell you your boost is too low. ITS ABOUT FUCKING FLOW, NOT BOOST PRESSURE WORLD GET YOUR shi#t STRAIGHT.

sry bout my rant just had to many dumb converstations lately about boost.

An internal combustion engine is a self propelled air pump, plain and simple.
The larger the VOLUME of air it pumps, the more energy it produces.
The more EFFICIENTLY it pump said volume of air has 2 results;
1)Lower overall mechanical stress, therefore increases longevity
2)Larger energy output per unit of physical displacement (usually stated as HP/ci)
The 2 byproducts of the efficiency value are;
1)Less waste heat release exchange required
2)The more efficient the air pump is, at pumping air, the less fuel required to overcome the mechanical resistance to actually drive the air pump.

Oh, and yes. I concur with Rawze, Uni, et al, that the
valve seats and valve's seating surface are what wears, therefore the valves tighten over time.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , slowpoke

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.