Massive oil leak...
07-24-2018, (Subject: Massive oil leak... ) 
RE: Massive oil leak...
(07-24-2018 )Starlight Wrote:  I'm sorry about that but you have a hole in one of your pistons.

what he said
replyreply
I've never rebuilt a engine in my life let alone had a head off. How hard is it to do that? Engine still idles fine has a small miss now though lol
replyreply
(07-24-2018 )Pete1990 Wrote:  I've never rebuilt a engine in my life let alone had a head off. How hard is it to do that? Engine still idles fine has a small miss now though lol

Depends on your abilities I guess, and everything is relative. That said, pulling the head is pretty easy. Just need the cam gear pullers, and a good 3/4 drive 24mm socket. Head bolts are pretty tight. Head can be lifted with a cheap car engine hoist if you have one. It only weighs around 5-600 lbs. Storm took the power out in the middle of mine, so I finished by candlelight lol. The hardest part for me was taking the hood off, but my wife is a great helper.
replyreply
Whats the best way to confirm without pulling a head off? Someone said borescope the cylinders but i got no clue how to do that or a borescope lol
replyreply
(07-24-2018 )Pete1990 Wrote:  Whats the best way to confirm without pulling a head off? Someone said borescope the cylinders but i got no clue how to do that or a borescope lol

You can pull the injectors and get one of these... https://amzn.to/2USLXwN
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.