Barometric ambrient pressure sensor wrong reading
07-23-2018, (Subject: Barometric ambrient pressure sensor wrong reading ) 
Barometric ambrient pressure sensor wrong reading
Hello everyone. I got deleted cm 871. My ecm derates to 30- 33 psi of boost, due to high altitude. So I completed barometric pressure reading (24.5 in Hg) with current barometric pressure (30.1 In Hg). So difference is huge. I put a new sensor and got my 38 psi boost back to normal, But next morning problem reappeared. I bought another sensor, and switched them around with no success. Harness and plug looks nice and clean. Does anybody knows if ecm uses any other sensors to calculate barometric pressure?[/size]
replyreply
RE: Barometric ambrient pressure sensor wrong reading
Just that sensor. Check for moisture in connectors and check continuity between the sensor and ECM.
replyreply
(07-23-2018 )koliunia Wrote:  Hello everyone. I got deleted cm 871. My ecm derates to 30- 33 psi of boost, due to high altitude. So I completed barometric pressure reading (24.5 in Hg) with current barometric pressure (30.1 In Hg). So difference is huge. I put a new sensor and got my 38 psi boost back to normal, But next morning problem reappeared. I bought another sensor, and switched them around with no success. Harness and plug looks nice and clean. Does anybody knows if ecm uses any other sensors to calculate barometric pressure?[/size]

Also could be the symptoms of a bad delete program too. - Who did it?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
My delete was done by Ken in Indiana. I did clean connector with electric cleaner. I was driving CA NV UT, and it's extremely dry in here, I doubt any moisture could even get in there. I'm going to test voltage, when I get home.
Thank you for your input!
replyreply
(07-23-2018 )koliunia Wrote:  My delete was done by Ken in Indiana

I don't trust his work any more. Seen a lot of bad stuff from that shop over this past year. I would have the program checked out to ensure it is ok too. The last thing you need is for it to be running in a high altitude mode at low altitudes. It could cause it to eventually burn a piston or drop a liner.

Some engines use the crank case pressure sensor and IMAP to verify the altitude sensor reading. Anyone bothered to replace the IMAP or crank case pressure sensors?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Andre_The_Giant
How do I check my tune? I tried to reach Ken, but he newer answers call / messages
replyreply
(07-23-2018 )koliunia Wrote:  How do I check my tune? I tried to reach Ken, but he newer answers call / messages

If you e-mail the program to me out of the truck, I can look it over. If you are in the Atlanta area and can stop by, I will look it over with you.

replyreply
crankase sensor has been replaced recently, but problem was on my harness and plug itself. I will plug my old sensor to see if it's changes anything. Imap was been replaced a year ago. Will buy and replace one today. What's your email address?
replyreply
I PM'd you my number and email.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.