Time To Replace Turbo on ISX?
07-26-2018, (Subject: Time To Replace Turbo on ISX? ) 
Time To Replace Turbo on ISX?
2013 Peterbilt ISX-15 CM2250 is OO. After just finishing over $12,000 of after treatment repair, now told the Turbo must be replaced! Truck working great, but won't completely Regen, and every 400-600 miles signals needs Regen. After 3 subsequent shops replaced what they said the ECM reportedly needed replacing, the ECM was NOT properly recalibrated, cleared of fault codes, updated and forced Regenned. Engine has over a million engine hours on it, (275,000 hours idling), but runs great except for the incomplete Regens! Time to replace Turbo?! We are told it is very unusual for a Turbo to last this long! We are very thankful it has! Angels watching over us!!
replyreply
07-26-2018, (Subject: Time To Replace Turbo on ISX? ) 
RE: Time To Replace Turbo on ISX?
Keep spamming my forum with false information and you will get banned.

1 million hours = 41,660 days = 114 years!

275,000 hours = 11,458 days = 31 years!

What you say makes no sense. I can only assume for the moment there are several typo's or that something got lost in translation?

========

Typical life of a VG turbo is about 600k miles or so (18,000 ~ hours), a bit more if you take carer of one.

Your problem is that you are taking it to a bunch of incompetent morons called STEALERSHITS!. They have no clue how to repair those kinds of problems properly and are severely under-trained on the stuff. You got taken for $12,000 dollars+ with little to no results it sounds like. All they ever do is connect their computer, it tell them to replace an expensive component,.. and they comply all while emptying your wallet as fast as they can.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: AHMLLC , barf , dhirocz , Starlight , bubbanbrenda , Rockhwy
07-27-2018, (Subject: Time To Replace Turbo on ISX? ) 
(07-26-2018 )TruckerFamily2 Wrote:  2013 Peterbilt ISX-15 CM2250 is OO. After just finishing over $12,000 of after treatment repair, now told the Turbo must be replaced! Truck working great, but won't completely Regen, and every 400-600 miles signals needs Regen. After 3 subsequent shops replaced what they said the ECM reportedly needed replacing, the ECM was NOT properly recalibrated, cleared of fault codes, updated and forced Regenned. Engine has over a million engine hours on it, (275,000 hours idling), but runs great except for the incomplete Regens! Time to replace Turbo?! We are told it is very unusual for a Turbo to last this long! We are very thankful it has! Angels watching over us!!

That's got to be the best one yet.
replyreply
23757hrs and mines only got 887k miles on it...wonder how many miles at a million hours...I'll be dead by then but hey maybe my great great grandkids will still have it by then... lol
replyreply
My original cm871 turbo 1.1 million.the next one was a a reman from peterbuilt 125000 miles .3rd reman from peterbuilt we will see.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
(07-27-2018 )flonly Wrote:  My original cm871 turbo 1.1 million.the next one was a a reman from peterbuilt 125000 miles .3rd reman from peterbuilt we will see.

I think you're saying 1.1 million miles correct? Congrats on that. But the OP is stating over a million HOURS.

Rawze has pointed out that the OP would be the sole owner of a Cummins ISX model cm2250 that has been running straight non-stop since the year 1904. Congrats to him too!! He might have taught both Cummins and Einstein that time doesn't matter.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: TruckerFamily2
07-29-2018, (Subject: Time To Replace Turbo on ISX? ) 
I need to apologize for the error we made in calculating. The correct info is 18,907.5 ENGINE HOUR on the Turbo. It has been a really tough learning experience for our small OO company. An expensive, frustrating and real testing of our faith to keep going, despite mechanical corruption in the repair industry, the lack of know-how and understanding of how to best deal with after treatment issues we have, had as well as the mechanics that we have encountered.

We absolutely THANK GOD for the excellent information Rawze and his wife have made available to truckers, like us. We have used and shared those extremely valuable EGR Tuneup videos, and have been incredibly encouraged by this forum! In fact, we owe a great debt to this couple for all their money and efforts to reach out and help truckers stay afloat and prosper in their business!

So we say THANK YOU, again, and may God Bless You Richly, Rawze, AND your wife and anyone else who is keeping this forum going to help us all. As soon as we get over this crisis (had to rent a truck to finish delivering load, while our truck awaits new Turbo), we plan on supporting this work which is a life-saver to the OO who is struggling out there.

If we are allowed, we can share where to buy a new Turbo for over $2,000 less than what we were quoted from several dealers.

And, Rawze, we would NEVER, jeopardize our relationship by spamming or scamming or breaking your rules on this forum. Please know it was ignorance on our part, while we were in a crisis, and rushing to get an answer as soon as possible, which you graciously DID!

We are learning...sometimes the hard way; but IF we follow YOUR advice, instead of unscrupulous repair shops, we WILL make it! Thank you, Rawze, for your patience with us!!
replyreply
(07-29-2018 )TruckerFamily2 Wrote:  ..
If we are allowed, we can share where to buy a new Turbo for over $2,000 less than what we were quoted from several dealers.

NOPE! - I am very leery of "discounted turbo's" after seeing a lot of Chinesium knock-offs that claimed to be genuine that will not last very long. Also there is the risk of one coming apart and going through the engine, costing you an inframe. Someone can PM you for the info if they are that interested in taking that risk.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-29-2018 )TruckerFamily2 Wrote:  I need to apologize for the error we made in calculating. The correct info is 18,907.5 ENGINE HOUR on the Turbo. It has been a really tough learning experience for our small OO company. An expensive, frustrating and real testing of our faith to keep going, despite mechanical corruption in the repair industry, the lack of know-how and understanding of how to best deal with after treatment issues we have, had as well as the mechanics that we have encountered.

We absolutely THANK GOD for the excellent information Rawze and his wife have made available to truckers, like us. We have used and shared those extremely valuable EGR Tuneup videos, and have been incredibly encouraged by this forum! In fact, we owe a great debt to this couple for all their money and efforts to reach out and help truckers stay afloat and prosper in their business!

So we say THANK YOU, again, and may God Bless You Richly, Rawze, AND your wife and anyone else who is keeping this forum going to help us all. As soon as we get over this crisis (had to rent a truck to finish delivering load, while our truck awaits new Turbo), we plan on supporting this work which is a life-saver to the OO who is struggling out there.

And, Rawze, we would NEVER, jeopardize our relationship by spamming or scamming or breaking your rules on this forum. Please know it was ignorance on our part, while we were in a crisis, and rushing to get an answer as soon as possible, which you graciously DID!

We are learning...sometimes the hard way; but IF we follow YOUR advice, instead of unscrupulous repair shops, we WILL make it! Thank you, Rawze, for your patience with us!!

Your post screams a common blindness that many oner-ops who have nothing but downtime and high costs of repairs for all their efforts. Giving your money away and pouring tens of thousands + downtime for others to solve your problems instead of taking control of them is what is wrong.

-- I have zero faith in a stealershit telling someone their turbo is bad just because the engine will not do a regen. I have seen at least a hundred times where someone was told that, then suddenly the turbo works just fine after the other problems are actually solved properly.

- It is a blindness to go around putting your faith in the very places that are designed to do nothing but take you money just because you drove up into their facility.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.