If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for?
07-31-2018, (Subject: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for? ) 
RE: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for?
(07-31-2018 )Ragindirt Wrote:  Rawze did you really mean 5:55, or 3:55 to 79. Looked at a truck this morning like I am interested in but has 3:36, and a Pac. Moved on to other pages.

lol thanks for the correction. 3.55's and 3.79's

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-02-2018, (Subject: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for? ) 
(07-30-2018 )DDB Wrote:  The only thing I’m sure about is to not get a Maxx Force motor. Although, I’ve heard that some of these are going for less than $10k at auction. Seems like a hell of a deal, theoretically, for a donor truck that you could drop a rebuilt 871 into but there must be reasons why no one is doing this.

I guess this is a dumb question since no one replied to this part. How cheap would you have to buy the donor truck to make an engine swap feasible? What else would have to be switched out? Fuel lines, harness, exhaust, etc?

I've found used 871 motors for $8-12k but they would have to be rebuilt. Maybe an already rebuilt 871 could be found and dropped in.
replyreply
08-02-2018, (Subject: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for? ) 
Im personally a cummins powered international fan. I bought a 2011 prostar with an 871, 10speed and 3.36 gears, 660k miles and paid 34k with a 2yr warranty. Its a well designed mid roof sleeper, comfortable ride and i grin when i think of all the money i saved vs an overpriced pacaar product. Demandated and turned up to 556hp shortly after buying and ive pulled 85-100k lb hopper freight since day 1 and only recently upgraded to a rtlo 13 speed. 87k at the moment and purring like a kitten. A cpl cons i can think of are the bag over cab struts, they're expensive but can be retrofitted (proride) and the air conditioner clusterf$#@.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , DDB , zero4
I'm new to the cult n forum of rawze, so welcome!.

I got a 06 VNL 670 Volvo, got it for 15k-17k. I had no idea what a cummins is, or knew of this website. I like the volvo brand/look, when i was a company driver, i drove freighliners, Macks and KW. I disliked all of them but the Volvo's, my dad has one just like it but with a d12. I went with the devil i know. Go with w.e you are most comfortable with or will be in the future. Only thing that i lucked out was finding rawze and i had demanded cm870. as far as everything else, its a work in progress.

lol don't go dropping a heavy amount for the down payment like i did, keep some for a rainy day. trust me, you will be very happy you did dude.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , DDB , zero4
08-03-2018, (Subject: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for? ) 
(08-02-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  ...
i had demanded cm870

-- Just make sure you have gotten with Mommaburt or Unilevers to ensure that demandate program is safe to run in that CM870. No sense in doing all that work if the programming you have is going to tear up that engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-03-2018, (Subject: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for? ) 
(08-03-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-02-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  ...
i had demanded cm870

-- Just make sure you have gotten with Mommaburt or Unilevers to ensure that demandate program is safe to run in that CM870. No sense in doing all that work if the programming you have is going to tear up that engine.
Especially if you had that tune done out there in Chicagoland. They are nothing but copy and paste tuner's. So don't be surprised if you have a wrong one in it.
It was night and day difference in how much cooler and smoother mine ran post MommaBurt magic.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.