If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for?
07-31-2018, (Subject: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for? ) 
RE: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for?
Quote:Posted by Explosia
I have driven this automatic for almost two months and I absolutely hate it. I almost taken down a couple of warehouses backing in. If you ever want to make an experienced driver look like a rookie, make him back an auto.
Made me chuckle cause it's true. I rented 1 for a month and it also liked to up shift in the middle of a turn. I damn near tossed the freight right off the trailer a hand full of times.

As far as your truck search don't be pinned down to dealing with local guys. You have the world wide web at your finger tips and a phone. Search and call. Get information sent to you. Yes salesmen are all sleazy snakes in the grass. But they all want to sell. Which means if you travel 500-1000 miles away to look at a truck then the same thing applies that the guy down the street has trucks and you go down there and look. Have more than 1 truck you wanna look at. Traveling out of your living area can save thousands on purchase price for the exact same vehicle. Spend a couple hundred on travel to save thousands. Truckpaper.com has a lot of listings and doing just a google search can pop up many different things.

I'm currently glancing at the KW t660's. Im not even giving International the time to look at anything newer than my 9400i. I think they are complicated cheap plastic cabs and bodies just like the freightliners have been for years. All prone to fall apart and rattle everywhere. Their chassis's have always been solid but the bodies are just getting crappier and crappier. I know guys will say the same about all trucks but some are clearly not as bad as others. Just look at all the body panels flapping and missing going down the road as certain models get older. Time will always expose weakness in trucks. To me KW's look like they are holding together longer and the older a truck gets the harder it is to find replacement body parts.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DDB , Explosia

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for? - Chamberpains - 07-31-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.